are indica and sativa

Discussion in 'General' started by Androgenicx, Apr 6, 2014.

1. human classifications or are they actually tied to the quality of the product - ie the thc and the canniboids

2. they do in fact have different qualities. visual characteristics and different levels of cannabinoids.

3. Well Sativa tends to be a much brighter "lime" green type of color with a clearer fruitier aroma while indica's tend to be darker and smell skunkier. I think denser buds tend to be indica and "popcorny" buds are usually sativa.

Sent from my GT-S5830L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. ...

Indicas grow short and wide and are better for indoor growing while Sativas grow thin and tall and better for outdoor since they get tall. Obviously indica highs are heavier body highs and more effective for pain relief in general and sativa highs are more energetic and cerebral highs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Hey guys I don't know if I'm on the right thread or something my bad I just got an account. I want to ask if anyone has tips on something

What I am planning on doing is ordering some seeds online, growing plants not specifically for bud, but for plant matter to make oil out of. What would be the best way to get the largest plant possible? Good strands? Also is this worth the time? Just growing the plants to get them large then dry and extract using ethanol? Any tips or criticism is greatly appropriated guys thanks!

6. They're different species. It has to do with the taxonomy we classify living things. We usually use genus:species for short, like Homo sapien.

So for weed, it's Cannabis indica, Cannabis sativa.

7. I do realize the difference between the two but thank you, would u be able to help me out with any of the things I mentioned above?

8. my bad I forgot how to quote

9. He was answering the person who created this thread and asked the question, not referring to you. Go to the growing section and create your own thread to get an answer for you question

Go make a thread in the grow section, which you're unable to do on your phone.

11. alright my bad, first day on the site

12. No worries homie, we were all there once

13. #15 Are u a joker or a toker?, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    They are tied to the quality of the product, and yes they are human classifications, there is no definite "test" if you will, other than checking to see if it has the traits of the plant. The traits being within a Sativa plant's leaves, taste, and effects.

Also Sativa's tend to have more THC and less CBD.