Are humans ready for aliens?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by .ViciouS., Oct 9, 2008.

1. Aliens, whether you believe in them or not, could very possibly exist in a universe so vast and old. So let's say they DO exist somewhere out there in space. In this day and age, where humans have progressed most rapidly in the past 100+ years (technologically/scientifically wise anyway), do you think humans are mentally ready for an alien visit?

I'll get straight to it, I really believe that we are NOT ready. I think if aliens visited us now, or anytime soon, that there would be mass hysteria and panic throughout the world.

Scientific progress has driven us into a technological world, but I believe our minds have not quite caught up. We are still at face with the same problems the world has faced for a while(poverty, crime, war, etc). Although I will say the internet has broadened the minds of many(while also narrowing the minds of the blind), it's still not enough for us to handle an alien visit. Humans, day in and day out, are too stuck in our own bubbles, with change usually seen as bad unless driven to the point where it's absolutely needed. And not to say, that MANY are still fear-stricken with the thoughts of the unknown.

But I must regress and say that we are only in the beginning of this technological/scientific revolution. I think we are and will get to that point where we can be somewhat confident that we can all say, "I am ready." - With much credit to the revolution, if we don't drive ourselves to extinction before then.

2. Shit, bitches are still afraid of the name Hussein and Muslim people, no we could not handle aliens (not all of us anyway).

3. Yes.. we are ready. If anything it is necessary for us to fully realize what our role is in this existance. We need a reality check.. we are NOT the dominant species, we are far from it. Then we can start thinking about the things that truly matter rather than money/power.

4. Some may be ready but not all. Our world is to closed minded.

5. Don't you think it's too much too soon? People can be rather volatile when forced into a corner.

6. Haha agreed.

7. When we do discover aliens, I hope we find them instead of them finding us

8. I think humans are ready for the knowledge of extra-terrestrial life, but perhaps not quite as prepared for it's actual presence.

Two polar ideas on the same scale, y'know?

9. haha I bet the Aliens already know alll about earth and humans, they just see the shit that goes on in earth and say, fuck that! Why would they want to come here?

I wish Aliens would abduct me and take me away.....:p

10. users of dmt and other pschoactives have had encounters with aliens. as well as poeple with various mental disorders. do you think there mind is making it up, or is it a parrelel universe? clifford pickover suggest it is a parrelel universe, after all in his studys of group dmt trips most users have the same visionary and euphoric experiances, not at all related to personal experiance. this is implicative that its not something your mind made up, but rather something inside us all. are aliens living within our conciousness?

perhaps we are alines to this planet.

11. aliens have already been here in the 70's

they were one inch high

one went into a bar and tried to warn humankind that they were destroying their planet

a drunk redneck mistook it for a match and killed it by attempting to repeatedly strike it on the underside of the bar

12. sounds similar to the aliens often descirbed in peoples experiances with DMT.

13. Care to cite the studies?

14. i think it would be good if people were exposed to other beings such as aliens. but i think theyve been here for quite some time anyway, its just been covered up. reality check is definently over due.

15. What kind of aliens? Aliens aliens? Independence day aliens? Contact aliens? Third Encounter aliens?

If a more advanced (more or less by necessity) alien race stumbles upon us, and get the idea that the earth is good for growing spaciates, then we're as fucked as can be. It is what we have done afterall, in less than developed parts of the world. By we, I mean enterprising hard working go getter humans.

But then again, they may be so civilized as to treat us as pets. That would be nice. No responsibility, just slouching around. Erm, wait, no that would be boring and not very satisfactory.

I don't really want us meeting any other civilization before we ourselves got our grip together and made a small footprint in our galaxy. That might take decades, uhm, I mean, centennia. One at least :D

16. The ALF kind.

17. Depends a bit on the spin the governments and media put on it.

18. Ready or not, Bitch here I come! Prepare to be overrun!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

19. whoa! I haven't seen alf in ages. LOL nice post. :D

20. Haha I actually used to watch that show too.

Oh jeeze, I probably shouldn't admit that.