Are homemade water bongs any good?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sysyphus, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Basically, I can't roll joints for shit- I can roll cigarettes okay, but I find it so much harder with weed.

Anyway, I don't smoke pot all that often (like, twice a month max.) so buying a bong is a waste of money for me. I've been looking online at how to make water bongs, and they seem pretty easy to do- but do they work well?

Thanks!

2. As long as it's airtight it'll work fine. :)

3. Gravity's are by far the best way to conserve green.

All you need is a water bottle, socket, lighter, and a G-cup... and of course some quality product. 2 solid bowls and you're done son.

4. yeah they get the job done
    i usually toss them after a couple days though so you'd probably have to use a new one every time

5. YES. Im no longer a big fan of bongs as i find they just don't agree with me but i have made some cool shit. Don't let anyone tell you that a homemade bong can't smoke as well as any glass bong. Heres a few tips.

Try to find a cool base. Anyone can make a bong out of a water bottle but a Acrylic Vase or something that looks legit is much cooler.

Use Quality Parts. Its ok to use Bic pens and tin foil and Poland Springs bottles if your a newbie and just need something for a quick smoke or a night on the town but if you want something that is going to last and hit well you need good quality shit. Use right sized sockets for bowls and metal pens for stems. Find Zebra pens and use those for some cool stuff. Doorstopper bowls are nice also.

Make sure its Airtight. If im making a bong i always burn the hole for the stem with a lit cigarette. I suppose you could use a right sized stick set on fire or the stem itself if its metal. I also like to use the rubber grip bits from pens for o-rings.

Fuck Carbs. I don't know if you like carbs. If you do then more power to you. But i prefer all my bongs to have a slider so they clear the best and look legit.

Practice. It took quite a few builds before i made anything that i would want to show off.

Happy smoking.

6. Making a homemade piece that is intended to be used more than once is a joke imo.

7. I only use pipes but if I wanted a bong and didn't want to blow money I'd never resort to using a nasty ass home-made cancer inducing piece, i'd just buy a small cheap bong, the hells wrong with some people.

8. Yeah, just make sure everything is airtight or its gonna be really hard to work. Oh and also make sure you aren't burning any plastic. Or anything other than weed.

9. most people use gatorade bottles, use a lighter to melt a hole for the stem and the carb, you can use hot water to shrink the bottle a bit. you will need a brass cone piece and a bit of hose, maybe some silicone to seal the gaps. You can also put a pipe onto the top of the bottle so the bong is longer and your mouth is further from the water.

10. Make your bowl out of a peice of wood, it's way better than a socket. I just use the end of a broom handle, drill a little hole through it and carve it out, than carve the bottom down to fit on the steam. I ussually use a Peice of rubber house going into my bong, that works pretty good.

11. poke a hole near the bottom of a waterbottle just smaller than your thumb(about 2 inches from bottom). get a 14mm socket. poke hole in lid of bottle. put socket in the hole. put product in the socket. unscrew the cap. plug the hole with your thumb. fill with water. screw cap on. light your product and SLOWLY release your thumb from the hole. as the water pours out the smoke will replace it. in about 30 seconds you will have a waterbootle full of smoke. unscrew cap and INHALE. rinse and repeat as necessary =) perfect waterfall bong.

12. Homemade bongs can be amazing if made right. My best advice would be to wait until you find something nice looking and durable, and use quality pieces. I made a bong from a 2 ft. stratosphere bottle and it's lasted about three years. I made diffused stem from a sharpie by poking holes in it with a tack or something, and then found a pen that fits inside nicely. Put a socket in the pen with an o-ring and maybe wrap a Paperclip around it for a nice handle on it there you go. A perfect working bong with a slide.

13. The extent of the bong's capabilities are really up to you and how much time and creativity you put into it. When I was first smoking, I made my first bong out of a large cup that I got at a fair that looked just like a beaker-style bong. I found it to work great for my first bong, not my first choice but it wasn't like I had any means to get myself a legitimate bong. If you would like to save money, and not buy a bong, then you don't have much else of a choice. It's all up to you, though.

14. Here's a picture of my homemade bong, I used a big vodka bottle in the shape of a tommy gun and cut a hole in the glass for the metal bowl piece/downstem and it works pretty good, can milk it pretty fat. You just have to make sure it's airtight and that you get a good airflow, it's fun making a homemade smoking device cause you can use such a variety of things to make something to get baked with. Just have fun and don't get caught :smoke:

Attached Files:

15. image-3068893181.jpg

My best homemade piece yet, Pom bottle w/ ash catcher.

16. Yeah that looks fresh!

Not like the shitty gatoradebillies we used to smoke out of.