Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are headaches common when quitting?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rodgersizsik, Mar 30, 2014.

1. I've been smoking for about 2 years but for the first 1.25 years it was just more so anywhere for 2-8 times a month. For the last 8 months with the exception of a 1 month break, it's been pretty much daily smoking, BUT the last 4 months have been solely vaping. I just went on a 8 day vacation where I couldn't smoke and have noticed I've been getting headaches on and off... is that from weed withdrawals? I could smoke again if I wanted to but I just don't care to smoke anymore for whatever reason.

2. You have hidden medical issues and the cannabis was covering it up.

Cannabis helps diabetes and you might possibly be close to being diabetic. Low blood sugar would explain headaches. Look into this.

3. #3 Stinkweed, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    You smoked a seed  :laughing:  :smoke:

4. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of diabetes just because of some headaches. I would say it probably is a little withdrawl. It goes away after about 2 weeks for me. Have you felt like you've had less appetite and can't fall asleep as well at night?

5. I had withdrawal symptoms I believe. 

I quit twice. First time, I threw up the second day....and the second time I got a fever the second day. 

6. Its withdrawl symptoms. Pretty sure was just reading about the symptoms myself.

7. Strange, I've personally had t-breaks after years of smoking and the only headache I got was my head aching to get high again.

You should go get checked out, sooner the better.

8. I smoked partially to relieve chronic migraines that I got, didn't get one at all while smoking daily. Since quitting I've been having em again almost daily

Though I do have a family history of diabetes(mom, both grandmas, but surprisingly not my dad who is actually physically the worst fit), I'm very fit and exercise for about an hour a day 4-5 times a week. I don't eat sugar a ton but I do eat fast food a lot...

I wouldn't say I've had a less appetite, I was eating like crazy on vacation, stuffed my stomach at a Vegas buffet lol.  I can fall asleep just fine too...

10. Also I should mention, when I went on a one month t-break September of 2013, I had no such symptoms, and that was coming off of a summer where I smoked daily.

11. Lack of appetite and not being able to fall asleep are common withdrawl effects. but I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it continues after another week or so. It sounds common with people here

12. Sounds like you're just going through a little withdrawl but always a good idea to get checked out if this persists beyond a week or two. Also not smoking after being a regular may be causing you a little stress & it maybe just stress headaches. But again, don't play with your health, if you believe its more serious, by all means, go see a pro, don't just spark up & see if it goes away. Smoking could be masking a more serious health issue.Good luck :metal: & party on dude!

13. I've never gotten a headache because I stopped smoking. But on a t break I noticed that I drink very little water, and most of my headaches are from dehydration

14. #14 Spliff Shady, Mar 30, 2014
    I've been smoking heavy daily buds,hash,oil, and budders. I haven't smoked since last night cuz I think I might have fucked up a lung on a heavy bong hit. Though I really feel like smoking, no real headaches other than kids talking shit on gta 5 online that gave me a headache. Everyone is affected differently though, but for me a really heavy smoker if I do say so myself no real withdrawal symptoms other than being extremely bored and not enjoying anything very much and sitting listening to weed songs while I'm sober lol. Just thinking about weed.

noobs claiming withdrawal from POT....fucking NOOBS or could they be DEA agents...naaa...just brainwashed noobs that have no fucking idea what withdrawals are.

shame brainwashed noobs spread misinformation and propaganda for the DEA...(DEA has been programming this shit since Nixon created it, even before...Anslinger was a busy boy)

16. You caught me

17. #17 FlawlessMagnum, Mar 30, 2014
    Why you gotta be an ass?...There are Definetly withdrawal symptoms if you go from smoking a lot to quitting cold turkey and if you deny it you're the "noob"...Get off your high horse no one here wants to hear your attitude.

Back to OP
    I'm on t break now and the first few days I would get a headache after a long day and the sweats and loss of appetite. Kinda hard to fall asleep at night too.

18. There are a fair amount of people who experience things like headaches, nausea, irritability, insomnia, or lack of appetite when they quit after heavy usage. 

Anyone who says otherwise is too stuck on thinking marijuana is some magic miracle plant. :p 

19. #19 Jingo Dookstain, Mar 30, 2014
    Headaches, unexplainable exhaustion, and being pissed off at the smallest annoying thing are general reactions from quitting.

Don't worry about it. This is completely normal, and it's because your body has been regulating your hormones in order to correlate with the changes that being high all the time made. In short, your body is trying to get used to being sober again.

Just hold out for 3-7 days and you'll be good as new.

Edit: It probably doesn't matter how you ingested the weed (vape, edibles, joints, blunts, bongs, etc.). The high is what is switching up your hormonal patterns, not the way you smoked it.

But hey, on the bright side... at least this is all mental, and not physical. I'd rather be pissed at cleaning the dishes than not being able to at all.

20. If I go about 36 hours without smoking I get a small one, but after that nothing.