Are grows really noticeable?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SheepAssassin22, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I am kind of interested in doing one, but I'm skeptical because I don't want to get caught. How much does it actually affect your electric bill? And how much does it really smell? (Would only be growing 1 plant) thanks!

2. unless you plan on having a few 1k watters it wont be even remotely noticeable. a small heater is 1500Watts. so as far as electricity bill no one would know. 90% of all grows are busted from Tips. so just keep it a secret and you will be fine. and keep smell down too ;) happy growing

3. Thanks man! Any tips to keep the smell to a minimum?

4. Look into a carbon filter/scrubber

5. What Kryptix said, you would buy a carbon scrubber and have an exhaust fan and some ducting connect the two, that would exhaust air out of your tent or grow space, without the smell. Carbon scrubbers can be about $150 or so (cost depends on how big of space you're needing to scrub the skunk air out of)

Some other methods are ozone generators, and some gels like ona gel. Imho ozone generators are a waste unless you buy a super nice one, but then you might as well get the carbon scrubber. Now if you're doing a small cfl grow or small 150w hps grow you could get away with using ona gel to mask the smell of flowering. I used ona with my last grow, I knew the strain I was growing, and I knew it didn't have a super intense flowering smell, the ona can only mask so much, but that lemon fuely smell a strong flowering OG gives off would be too much for the ona to handle...so again carbon scrubber wins :bongin:

6. [quote name='"RooRgle"']

What Kryptix said, you would buy a carbon scrubber and have an exhaust fan and some ducting connect the two, that would exhaust air out of your tent or grow space, without the smell. Carbon scrubbers can be about $150 or so (cost depends on how big of space you're needing to scrub the skunk air out of)

Some other methods are ozone generators, and some gels like ona gel. Ozone generators are a waste unless you buy a super nice one, but then you might as well get the Carbon scrubber. Now if you're doing a small cfl grow or small 150w hps, I got away with using ona gel to mask the smell of flowering. I knew the strain I was growing, and I knew it didn't have a super intense flowering smell, the ona can only mask so much, but that lemon fuely smell a strong flowering OG gives off would be too much for the ona to handle...so again carbon scrubber wins :bongin:[/quote]

What does this carbon scrubber do exactly? Or how do I use it? You might have answer this and I just didn't understand.

7. Connecting a Carbon scrubber is a good method of controlling the odor that can be a dead giveaway to an otherwise stealthy installation. A carbon scrubber is simply an expansion chamber (box) into which the smelly air from a flower chamber is pumped. The chamber has a large exhaust vent, which is covered by an activated carbon air filter. The chamber must be big enough to provide a damping effect of the incoming air. If too small a scrubber is used, the fan will not be capable of pushing air through the filter. Here, you actually want the exhaust vent to be considerably bigger than the intake.

8. Anyway to show me a picture of this?

9. [​IMG]

10. Gotcha! Much thanks man!