Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are gravity bongs bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrTeal, Mar 3, 2012.

1. I burn a hole in the bottom of a water bottle and shove a metal socket into the bottle cap and pack that shit tight and I take fat rips from it too but like I almost threw up holding it in and it tastes like shit. Like plastic shit. Am i breathin in plastic fumes? I've been doin this for a while now.

2. gravity bongs are great, just make sure that your not lighting the plastic on fire because then it will be really bad for your health...Also i suggest using a sprite bottle, the tokes always taste the best!

3. yeaaaaa.........probably should stop smokin that plastic as soon as possible.......

4. Iheard they are good but never hit one brother. Edit :. Guess I should have read that man, if it tastes like plastic don't smoke it.

5. You aren't gonna taste plastic unless you're lighting it on fire. Also, if the bowl is cherried good, don't keep the flame on the bowl if you don't have to. Idk, just a safety precaution, but you don't want to heat up the metal enough to melt the plastic.

6. plastic + lungs = death

smoke responsibly

• Like Like x 1
  7. they get you baked big time but they are harsh, i wouldnt only smoke from grav bongs but doing them sometimes isnt a big deal.

8. Coming from someone who used to smoke them ALL the time, you are doing something majorly wrong if it tastes like plastic. I smoked nothing but dank out of a GBONG and it tasted just as good as if I were smoking it from a pipe.

What the hell are you doing that it tastes like plastic :confused:

9. I'll usually leave the light on the bud until all the water goes out so i get everything. I'll try switchin bottles more often and not lightin it as much.

10. Grav Bong rips can taste like ass, especially since you have a waterfall (stale smoke) and I'm willing to bet you're not smoking the best tasting bud around. I've come close to heaving after a few massive GB's...

OP, buy a glass bowl.

11. [quote name='"MrTeal"']I'll usually leave the light on the bud until all the water goes out so i get everything. I'll try switchin bottles more often and not lightin it as much.[/quote]

Once it cherrys stop lighting it because the metals heating up and melting the plastic so your inhaling plastic fumes

12. Gravity bongs get you high as shit but I hate them. Worst highs I've ever had.

13. Gravity Bongs are one of my favorite ways to smoke, if they are done correctly.

14. gravity bongs do get you very very high, but they are always such a hassle to get together and i'm pretty sure alot of people agree lol.
    if your tasting plastic your doing something wrong, make sure your not burning the plastic/getting the cone piece too hot

:smoking:

15. Uhhh, i think your burning plastic by accident or some shit. Re-check your grav before you smoke, i would. Plastic can kill you

16. So, to recap for you OP and others who are interested

1. Never ever light any plastic and inhale smoke/fumes from it.
    2. If a g bong hit tastes/smells significantly like plastic, you're doing something wrong and you need to fix it before you continue.
    3. G bongs are a very efficient way to smoke and can get you ridiculously high, but it's also easy to overshoot and be uncomfortably high.