Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are employers (in WI specifically) obligated to inform you of drug testing policy when hiring?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fatelvis123123, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I'm looking for jobs at tech companies, I'm in Wisconsin, and I may be getting an offer from a company really soon. I'm clean for a pre-employment test but I'm of course worried about random/routine tests. I've heard that for tech companies that's pretty rare but I just want to be safe. It's a successful and growing but pretty small (<50 people) company that's been around for a couple decades, small enough that I cannot find a single thing about them on sites like Glassdoor, indeed, etc., so I have no idea what their drug testing policy might be. Is it true that employers have to inform you during the hiring process about any drug testing policies they have, and not just whether or not there's as pre-employment test? I applied to another company I was kind of excited about but I saw on testclear.com multiple people saying they do random tests every 30-60 days which really surprised me for this kind of job, and I'm just not okay with that level of intrusion into my personal life.