Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are doctors OK with weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Redex, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Just wondering if the good ol' shrink is cool with a little THC in your system. If not, then what do they do?

2. I told my doctor I smoke weed everyday. She doesn't care

3. My psychiatrist makes all her patients take urine tests before their first appointment and periodically as her patient.

She asked if I used any substances, and I told her I'd smoked weed a few times. (A lie, but whatever)

She never brought it up again, and I took piss tests for her office for months. If it showed up as positive for THC, which it definitely should since I vape every single day, then they don't care.

I think they are more concerned about harder shit showing up, like if you abuse anxiety meds, they won't give you a script for Xanax or something.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I went to the urgent care and when she asked of any use of anything I said cannabis, it almost seemed like she chuckled at that and said "no like cocaine, or anything of that nature?" I don't think it's an issue either.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 Redex, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    I get prescribed a fast acting anxiety med, an anti-depressant and a stimulant. Not sure if that makes a difference.

6. I think you're fine. They shouldn't give you shit about it.

That might change though if you live in a very religious or conservative area. I live in NYC so it may be different than a doctor in texas for example

7. If you truly trying to get better, you need to tell you doc whats going on. Perhaps if the doc knew you were self medicating with cannabis, he or she may not want to prescribe so many meds. Be safe, the meds you are taking are no joke.

8. I am not a doctor just new on here. But I have a doctor who believes whole heartedly in the healing benefits of MJ. He has told me about some new strains, I am in a state that it is not legal. I think he is in a state that is. He is not that far away. I have told him I want to get off all these pain meds. I will not mention the names as I think you cannot discuss other things like that on here. But one that I am on goes on the street $1 mg, I take two 40mg each day. That would be $80 a pill. I get them from a pain mgt doctor. I have never discussed MJ with him. My psychiatrist, is the one who believes it. I have PTSD, panic attacks, and so on. He has been giving me something that is prescribed that has THC in it and it is legal. He is trying to help me get in a better place as that drug with the THC really helps me get out in public. I become a chatter box. To answer your question, if he or she is against it, then I would say the first time would be warning. However, what state are you in if you do not mind me asking? I just need some more information before I can give you what I have been through, if it relates. Thanks for reading.

9. If they test you at all it's for medical purposes.

10. They test to check your levels of the medicine they give, not trying to be a smart ass. But the Gov is watching them so they need some kind of proof that they know what your on before giving you more medicine, like if your meds do not show up, depending on what they are, they could suspect your sealing. Just my thoughts. No hate here.:ladiegaga:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think it depends on the doc man. Mine was cool with it. I think they key with a doctor my be honesty. But maybe not lol.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I agree:ladiegaga:

13. That's what I said. Medical purposes. My best friend has a controlled script, there are no legal repercussions for testing negative or positive for anything. The only repercussions are medical, as in, you lose your script.