Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are dispensary clones feminized?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TokeWithPassion, Dec 12, 2012.

1. The clones at mmj collectives, are they feminized?

2. I bought a clone last weekend, for the first. I didn't even know to ask..

I would to know too.

O

3. Clones come off a female plant and have the same genetic as the mother it came off of. It will be unequivocally 100% without a doubt female. My thoughts are if you didn't have the answer to this question you should do some research prior to getting a plant. It isn't real difficult bit there are definitely some basic knowledge needed in order to be successful.

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud

4. Well, I understand about genetics and cloning. However, I assumed that they would only sell female clones. Then I saw this thread and wondered, "what if?" "Should I have asked?"

Anywho....

Thanks for confirming.

N

5. If your unsure its always best to ask. I'd rather be humble and successful than have an ego and fail. We all start somewhere. Good luck and happy growing brothers.

6. Always 100% female.

7. I thought the OP was asking if the mother plants were from feminized seeds or regular seeds, not if the plant was female or male.

8. Izzy how do you "feminize" a plant? Sounds like gender reassignment.

9. #9 Izzy Mandelbaum, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    You stress a female plant until it hermies and then collect the pollen. If you then fertilize a female, the resulting seeds should be all females.... And are referred to as "feminized seeds".

Its something that is done by the seed breeder not the grower.

10. You make feminized seeds by mating hermies and a female. Supposed to produce 100% female seeds.