Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

are dimes a waste of money?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Piff101, May 28, 2012.

1. all i buy is dime bags is that a waste?

2. anything under a slice pretty much is a waste. your not getting any extra bang for your buck

3. In the long run dime sacks are a waste. Marijuana is best bought in bulk, and always aim for quality. Like save up your money, and buy an oz instead of a skimpy dime, while smoking the same amount as you do now. You will notice ssavings.

4. Depends on how much you consume.

ANALOGY:

If you have one cat, you buy 10 lb. bag of cat litter.

If you have 900 cats, you buy a pallet of 10 lb. bags.

5. how much is an ounce and i live with my parents still so i cant buy big amounts :/

6. i'd stick to slices and quarters. a quarter of some dankity dank is $120 at the most. you may be able to get a better deal

7. how much is an ounce lol u best be jokin son. what r u 12? Currency isent the same world wide sir.

8. With dime bags, you don't really have a good idea of what you are paying for because there's no set weight for it. There's rules of thumb, but at such small amounts it is all over the place.

Buying 1/8th's is your first real price break when it comes to weed usually, and the smallest amount I would buy at. There's another break at a 1/4th usually, more likely at a 1/2 oz. and an oz. and so on.

I would recommend buying 1/8th's. You can find a small air-tight mason jar (not the jar that your jelly or preserves came in at the store) that are easy to stash away, if you need to be discreet in your home.

9. Where I live a dime is 30$ and its 1.75 and an 8th is 60$ the next price break is at a half(180$) or an oz(350$)

Oh i can get a g for 20$. Its pretty spendy where I live though I get dank too

10. i only pickup 1 gram at a time since i get bored of a strain pretty quickly, although im pretty spoiled considering the dispensary is within walking distance lol.

11. i dime means $10. thats why its called a dime. lol.

12. Yeah but everyone in my area calls a 30$ that cuz thats the cheapest most dealers sell you can't get a 10$ here lowest i;ve found is 20

13. YES. I used to cop dimes and realized how much money I was losing. Cop eighths or more. Problem solved.

14. A dime is only a waste to tho's who CAN afford a bigger pick up but's opt's for the dime knowing they will need more in no time.

If a dime is what you can afford, or just don't smoke much, go for it.

15. I buy dime bags when I want to try certain strains, I think your better off buying half oz's or more. If your scared your parents are going to find you weed, then hide it in a very very good spot and seal it up.

16. Dime = $10
    Dub = $20

17. Well he spells and uses better grammar than you, so must be a very smart 12 year old :/

but it all depends how much you smoke!, if you smoke everyday buy an ounce at a time, if not keep getting dimes :)

for example you are paying;
    10$ = 1gram
    30$ = 3.5grams
    (completed made up)
    you're getting .5 more for the same price :)

18. i am also new to smoking so i don't know the pricing and weights

is 1/8 30 bucks usually?

19. i pay $60 for 1/8 of dank

20. also what is a quarter and a dub?