Are cops allowed to do this?

Discussion in 'General' started by 420Devin, Nov 22, 2009.

1. #1 420Devin, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
    Thankfully, its my last f**kin yr at my retarded high school...
    Anyways, my two buddies and myself got some smokes at lunch from mini-mart. we were walking back to school through the alleys. Our school cop pulls up behind us and tells us to empty our pockets onto the hood of his car. I had 2 packs of smokes - awesome belmonts =( - and my other bud had a pack of shitty john players. anyways, he took our smokes. I said i was 18 but he took them all because my friend is 17.
    K, first of all, is a pig allowed to search you for no reason like that, and second, is he allowed to take your smokes like that? :confused:

2. well did you get his badge number or anyting?

and i dono about canada but that sounds like a illegal search.

although they can always make it seems legal. like telling you that you match the description of someone they are looking for and what not.

3. I think it depends if you are on school property or not. If not- no. If yes, then yes. School grounds are usually 'tobacco free' and you can get in trouble for even having them at school despite being over 18 yrs old.

4. Were ya on school property? That kinda matters.

I mean considering you are a legal adult I don't see any probably cause, except that you probably both just bought cigarrettes when you are underage..

5. hey man they do stuff like that all the time to brothers. we just chark it up to da game and move on. your rights were violated you haven't walked a mile but you have took a couple steps in our shoes

6. Hahaha its ok, i work at a grocery store and stole 2 more packs of belmonts that same night =P

I was not on school property when i was searched... but i would have been 5 minutes later..

Before he searched us, he said "if you have any green stuff, tell me now and i wont charge you"... I said i had none

i kept my bud in my sock, he asked us to lift our shirts up to check out waistbands but i had nothing. Didn't even look at my shoes :devious:

7. Your cops sound like they're usually bored... just like our cops.

8. I don't know about Canada but that definitely wouldn't be legal in the states. Unless you bought your minor friend cigarettes, or there was some other probable cause to search you (like he just saw you smoking weed or stealing or something)

9. Bored lol. Like there isn't rampant crimes they can be preventing...

10. In many places there aren't.

11. You're right. Police should focus on confiscating cigarettes from teenagers.

12. Well, seeing as how you complied to emptying your pockets, yes hes allowed to.

13. Pssh, man it's deeper than that.

12 year olds are wearing their britches down to their ankles, people my age are doing 60 in a 55... shits crazy right now

14. he can do whateve rthe fuck he wants when you're in high school

sorry pal

badge and gun makes the rules when he's not willing to follow the others

15. He probably needed a smoke and saw you walking out of the gas station, fuckin cops.

16. #16 purplebic, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
    illegal search. if he didnt tell you guys why he was stoping you then he had no business searching you.

but if you voluntary empty your pockets [which most officers scare people into doing] then the officer didnt do anything wrong.

but seeing as how you had bud on you, its a good thing that you did. they don't have to come up with a reason to hold you for i think about 48-72 hours. if they detain you, youre their bitch for that period of time.

17. You don't know what the dude has been through in his life. LOL, im sorry but this just made me burst out laughing. For all you know the dude IS black. (Assuming by brothers you meant blacks)

18. Please, pleeease, just leave and come back when you have at LEAST a 6th grade understanding of the English language FFS.

And as posted above me, how do you know he isn't an African American? Don't go spouting off about racial prejudice like you're smart or something, BRO.

19. You should have told him no.

20. ^QFT That right there.