Are complete kits a good idea? Worth it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LegalMedical, Nov 15, 2011.

1. If someone was considering a first time grow and had room for one of these tents inside their home (tents are preferred as not to have to permanently alter the interior of the home with paint, etc.), are these kits a good value?

4' x 8'

Whichg one of the above would be the best one to get? And, what else would be needed with them? I'm assuming a hydro set up or buckets/dirt, right? Also, how many pants could fit into it?

Now would this be a better set up?
    Sunlight Solutions, LLC :: Plug-N-Play Systems :: The Mortgage Lifter Grow Tent

or:
    Sunlight Solutions, LLC :: Plug-N-Play Systems :: Mini Mortgage Lifter Grow Tent

With any of these, could someone just plug these into regular home outlets?
    And, in a NW climate, could this tent be set up in an uninsulated wooden shed outside and still do OK?

Would it be cheaper to piece something together yourself? Maybe with better components?

What would be the absolute best odor eliminating fan/filter? That is of most importance.

Thank you for your help, I know its a lot of Q's.

2. the first one isnt a bad deal at all for $600

3. I know right... the light is a little small for a 5 x 5... but it would be good if you got another 600 in the future and upgraded...

and it needs the pots and medium to grow in.. but a very excellent starter... and if it was all junk your only out the 600

4. [quote name='"Tihspeed"']

I know right... the light is a little small for a 5 x 5... but it would be good if you got another 600 in the future and upgraded...

and it needs the pots and medium to grow in.. but a very excellent starter... and if it was all junk your only out the 600[/quote]

yea for sho..

5. Thanks....grt, more choices to confuse me! Any advice on the ones I posted? Specifically the "mortgage lifter" since it comes with the pots, etc... Is going hydro first time a bad idea? The packages in the first link seem kinda pricey considering the pots/soil are still missing....

Also, any help on my other questions?

6. [quote name='"LegalMedical"']Thanks....grt, more choices to confuse me! Any advice on the ones I posted? Specifically the "mortgage lifter" since it comes with the pots, etc... Is going hydro first time a bad idea? The packages in the first link seem kinda pricey considering the pots/soil are still missing....

Also, any help on my other questions?[/quote]

what kinda money you working with? pots are not really expinsive soil isn't eather...

7. #8 LegalMedical, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    Well, I would never say "money is no object" but it can/will be found if needed to make the best purchase, if that makes sense. Cost is not the primary driving force behind this purchase, yield/efficiency and size are higher on the list. The space available is 13'x7', 6' high. Thank you for any help. So, I guess...which one of all the above would yield the most (for least $ invested) in that space? I realize its a loaded question taking into account grow method, size of plants, other variables, etc.

8. You can get a lot from the first one if you fim and lst or scrog

9. Sorry, which one are you referring to? The goal would be 5lbs at least. So I guess a new question can be...which one of the above would be the best set up to get 5lbs as fast as possible for the least $ invested.

10. No way you're going to get 5 lbs unless you have like 4,000 watts, a huge space and are an expert grower...you can get a pound with a 600w if you do everything perfect and have a high yielding strain but most likely your first time more like anywhere from 6-12ozs...good luck

11. lol...so what you're telling me is that the claims of the "mortgage lifter" and "mortgage lifter mini" are false and too good to be true?

12. yea bro if this is your first grow which im guessing it is then get the kit for $600 the kit with he 600 watt and all the nice shit your gonna need.. once you get your feet wet then worry about getting th 5 pound mark... cause to be honest jumping in head first in a set up like that might have be a lil much for a beginner !!

13. Yea 5-10lbs "plant matter"with a 600w seems pretty far fetched lol...you can get a gram per watt if you're a pro but 1/2 gram per watt is more reasonable

14. Ahh....so if you got one of the 1000w kits from the first link and grew in dirt you could get a pound from that?

15. How many plants per watt and per square foot?

16. Also, whats the highest yielding strain and best place to get seeds?

17. If you bush em out in that second one with the 6 buckets then yea..look up fimming and lst or scrog like I said...you can also build a 6 bucket system with a controller for cheap if you wanna go that route

18. I read somewhere that 1/4lb per plant is realistic? Would 10 plants in the 4x8 in dirt under 1000w be a good choice?

19. I think it's 80w per sq ft...I like 100...indicas and indica dominants produce more but it will usually say in the description like 400 per meter sq...attitude and seedboutique are both good...yea 1/4 per plant is very obtainable if you veg longer and do scrog or lst