are clones doing okay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by j.porthan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. #1 j.porthan, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Hi guys, extreme noob here and just wanted some opinions from the experts.

I cut these three clones from a mother plant about 4 days ago. I soaked them in pH adjusted water (pH of 5.8) filtered with a pur water filter. I added very diluted nutes in (flora series, gro, micro, bloom) and then just soaked the rockwool every day since it dries out pretty quick. It's just a quick soak, the cube isn't completely soaking wet.

My question is should I be concerned that they are not rooting or that they are dying? I used rooting hormone as well.

It's day 4 so should they have wilted/died by now if they were unhealthy? 

Temp is 82F, and humidity is 54%. I didn't have a dome so thought I would just not use it. 

Thanks 

http://i.imgur.com/JKvofxw.jpg

2. It could take anywhere from one to three weeks for roots to show. Keep them moist, and try to get the humidity up if you can. That is why a dome is important. Also, adding nutrients is not something I have ever heard of before to freshly cut clones, aside from rooting hormone. Your temp is probably okay, but ideally you want it between 75-80F.

3. #3 j.porthan, Apr 2, 2014
    Thanks. It was an idiotic thing to do considering the plants don't have roots, but I figured it couldn't hurt. 
    \nWould they have wilted by now if they weren't doing okay? I have some free time tomorrow so I'll be trying to get a dome. Should I put more rooting hormone somehow, or that's not necessary at this stage? 

4. Look good to me.

Be patient.

Too much love is a new growers biggest mistake.

5. #5 j.porthan, Apr 2, 2014
    Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/TQJyafb.jpg

Since I already started this thread, can someone also help me out to see if this is a case of spider mite? The leaves on the mother plant is curling upwards and I see some specks. I looked thoroughly and didn't see any mites at all. I have some neem oil on the way just in case. Can I mix it with azamax and spray directly on foliage? Will it be okay if they are under the 400w lamp, turned on?

I misted the mother plant with pur filtered tap water and was told it was most likely due to that. Opinions?

That photo sort of looks like powdery mildew. I think you need a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

As for your clones, you probably don't need to add anything, except for the dome, and continue to keep them moist.

7. I wouldn't add any nutes while they don't have roots. Also I use a dome but I know some people don't and cut leaves off instead. But saying all that if they aren't wilting they are alive and if they stay alive they will eventually root. It can be as quick as a few days but can also take a few weeks, there are so many variables. They look ok though man so keep it up

8. #8 GoldGrower, Apr 2, 2014
    Yeah that definitely looks like spider mites. You can use neem oil, a few drops mixed in to some water and a drop of detergent and spray the underside of the leaves will sort them out. You will need to re-apply 3 days later, and then after another 3 days. This is because neem oil doesn't kill the eggs

Thanks bro. What about the azamax that I purchased? Will those kill the spider mite eggs? 

10. I have never heard of it so I can't comment. Neem oil works perfectly though

Thanks man. 

anyone else have an opinion if these are spider mites? I don't see ANYTHING moving at all, but I know that doesn't mean its definitive. 

12. They are very small, you need good eyes to see them. They will be on the underside of the leaves. Even the largest ones are hard to see, a magnifying glass or microscope will help

13. I use azamax. Its worth the price!

Apply during lights out. Repeat 3 days later and 3 days after that. It works just like neem oil but does other stuff to.

I use it in a hand pump pressure sprayer. Also after applying you may see some milky residue left behind.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290525-400w-MH/HPS-mixed