Are chemical nutrients far stronger than organic?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Delta223, May 18, 2010.

1. I recently read a post where a grower tried out 2 cycles using 1/2 tbs per 5 gal Dynagrow (chemical) vs 4-5 tbs Pure blend pro (organic).

THis would make the chemical nutrients about 10 times as strong: is this about right? I just assumed the NPKs would be about the same but I've never used chemical nuts.

2. Organic nutes are dependent on bacteria convert organic nutes to states for uptake by the plant. Chemical ferts can be consumed by the plant directly. In terms of strength, no, in general an organic nute CAN be as strong in terms of available nutrients. But the uptake occurs via a symbiotic relationship between the bacteria in the medium and the plant.

I don't want to get technical but basically the bacteria convert organic nutes to nitrate ions

To answer your question in one easy sentence: No, and you're comparing apples to oranges.

3. All I know is Organic has always given me a better root system hands down over chemical ferts. Imo the strength of nutes doesn't matter if the plant cant take em up efficiently. Organics also promote healthy soil structure if thats your thing.