Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are carbs always on the left side of the pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IStabLikeOJ, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Im looking to buy a glass pipe and I see that the pipe has a little bump on the left.. But thats not the carb right? So it should be on the left.

2. Most of the time the carb is on the left.

3. #3 HBGBUB, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Not always they can be on either side. On one of my bubblers its on the front see

Attached Files:

4. They make carbs for rightie's and lefty's I have owned a pipe with the carb on the right side. I also have an elephant peace with the carb on the back so really it can be anywhere.

5. The "bump" is probably a wart. Some people like them for looks and think they make the pipe easier to hold without dropping.

The carbs come on either side. It's the worst when you break your fav pipe and have to get used to one with the carb on the other side. The pipe you use the most just grows to fit your hand and it feels weird to switch, lol.

6. I have a bubbler with the carb in the front too. It took some getting used to, but I like it now. I bought it from GC too. :D

7. I've seen spoons with it on the front (not a steamroller) and on the right side before.

8. I've only seen pipes with the carb on the left, other than novelty pipes and bongs

9. I made a wood pipe with a carb on the left just to be different. But yes, left is the norm.

10. I guess if someone made you a custom pipe because you're a lefty. Because you usually hold the pipe with your left, light with your right. Could be flipped if carb is on the other side.

11. i have seen them on the right side of bowls. there's a wide variety of differences when it comes to homemade smoking apparatuses as well, because people tend to put it on the right side, left side, back, front, or top, and sometimes your hand has to be in the most awkward position to use it

12. I've seen leftys before. My sister actually just bought one not too long ago. She likes it but personally I find it hard to get used to.

13. Does your index finger of your left hand not cover it comfortably? I've used a lefty pipe before, and carbed it with my middle finger or index finger, and it worked fine.

14. no, currently the pipe i have its on the right side

15. my friend has a pipe that looks like a bad ass dragon and you put your mouth on the dragons mouth so its like he is blowing smoke into your mouth, and the carb is where his asshole would be lol i love that pipe