Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are Bongs Really Bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ToTheDome, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Alright sure seems like a lot of people keep commenting on a post from 2006 stating that bongs are bad. Well here's the thread for the counter argument.

Are bongs REALLY worse for you then other methods of SMOKING? (Not Vap)

I want links and facts sprinkled with a little
    bit of that GC humor.

2. lol no they just jelly they dont have one

3. i was always under the impression that a bong is the healthiest way to smoke, second to vaporizers of course

4. Bongs are supposedly worse for you because the water doesn't really do much to filter anything. I say they are the shit and I have 4 of them and I prefer bong over vaporizer, bowl, joint, ect all day erryday

5. smoking anything is bad for you in the first place so i couldn't really give a shit about the relative health effects of various smoking devices. bongs are the shit so that's that.

6. Quantification and comparison of marijuana smoking practices: blunts, joints, and pipes.
    \t(abst – 2011)
    \tQuantification and comparison of marijuana smoking... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011] - PubMed result

Cannabinoid receptor 1 binding activity and quantitative analysis of Cannabis sativa L. smoke and vapor. (full - 2010)
    \tCPB : Vol. 58 (2010) , No. 2 201

Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts. (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Comparison of subjective, pharmacokinetic, and physiological effects of marijuana smoked as joints and blunts. PubMed Journal article abstract

Marijuana Water Pipe and Vaporizer Study (news - 2000)
    MAPS - Volume 6 Number 3 Summer 1996 -

Effects of water filtration on marijuana smoke: a literature review (full - 1993)
    Effects of water filtration on marijuana smoke: a literature review

7. A bong is the safest way to smoke weed by itself PERIOD.

8. Mmhm.. I love how they are referred to as water pipes.

9. Besides if you get the good stuff aka dank you only really need like 2-3 good tokes off a good sized bong if you milk it

10. I don't smoke for my health
    for that, I vape.

11. This would be untrue as with bongs the smoke is filtered as it passes through the water yet with a joint the smoke doesn't pass through anything, so joints are definitely going to be worse then bongs, especially because with joints you are also smoking paper.

12. I didn't mean to say they are worse than joints, but it depends on a lot of factors. How often the water is changed, what type of bud is smoked, how much is smoked, how often the bong is cleaned, arguably the size, type, and filtration methods of the bong, size of hits taken, ect. Fat milk hits from a bong probably do more damage to the human body than a small hit from say a freshly cleaned glass or stone pipe. However, the difference is probably close to negated by the small amount of hits required from a bong compared to almost any other smoking method. Either way, bongs are the shit and everyone should have at least one.

13. No? What's wrong with bongs?

14. bongs + ice cold water + ice cubes = some of the cleanest and smoothest hits ive ever taken :wave:

15. Bongs are fucking awesome, whoever said that probably had a vape blowing up their bum :bongin:

16. actually, ice cubes don't make for the cleanest hits.
    apparently, this results in moisture entering your lungs
    which is bad.

17. LOL

do you hold your breath when you take a hot shower?

Please, do yourselves a favor and read my two posts on pages 69 and 70 on the other thread. I would ctrl-v, but quoting myself would make me look like more of an asshole than I already am:rolleyes:

18. great post i read them all and actually cleared up some of my own misconceptions that i have come to believe of the last 10 years of smoking! a must read for everyone