Are bongs legal to buy in the US? Specifically Missouri?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by anyaleigh72, Nov 21, 2016.

1. So I ordered a 12" bong on bongoutlet.com on 11/10/16. It hasn't arrived yet, but it's being shipped from Canada and Canada Posts says it's in transit. A person I live with found out I had ordered it and they were like, "I don't want you to get in trouble with the police, it's going to be a federal offense, it's a $1,000 fine, you could serve jail time, etc" and they're suggesting that I return the package to sender as soon as it arrives. I honestly didn't think it would be a big deal, my friend bought me a glass pipe from 7pipe as a gift and had it shipped to her and she had no problem, so I thought it'd be alright for me to order a piece online. I've googled if it's legal since then but I keep getting answers that contradict themselves. I've heard that they're legal if they're described as a 'water pipe' (the one I ordered is described as a bong), I've heard that they're legal if they don't have residue, I've heard that any type of paraphernalia is illegal. I'm not sure what to believe, and I really need answers that apply to my specific state if at all possible. Also, I'm 18, but the city that I live in just changed the age to buy tobacco products to 21 a year ago, if that information is useful at all. In hindsight, I realize that I should have done more research on the subject before I placed an order, I'm a dumbass, I get it; I really need to know before the package arrives so I know what to do and what to expect. It could arrive any day now, it may even be today.

Thank you!

2. Each state has its own laws regarding bongs , there is no Federal Bong Law . So check laws in your state
    I wouldn't be worried .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you my guy

4. It's totally legal. they're not sold for use with cannabis

• Like Like x 3
  5. It is not illegal. How did someone find out you ordered it? That shouldn't happen.

6. They were using my laptop, I guess my email account was open and they saw the email confirming my purchase and confronted me about it.

7. Also I've checked the tracking progress: the last few updates have said that it had arrived in Chicago, the package was refused in customs, but now it's in transit to my address. Should I be worried that it was refused even though it's on it's way?

8. #8 Joe_Dirt23, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    I would confront that person about going through your shit. They are using your computer and go through your email account. Open or not. If it were me, there wouldn't have even been a conversation about a bong. You are nice enough to let them use your computer. Tell the tight ass prude to mind there own business and go spend $1000 bucks and buy their own computer. If it were illegal you think there would be zero repercussions to the seller.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I live on Canada. I order seeds, bongs online from legit company's, to my house. If they can sell it, I can buy it.

10. I think it's illegal to go through someone elses emails. At the very least it is an invasion of your privacy and trust. Personally I don't really trust many people at all because of stuff like that. If they mention the bong again I'd just tell them to fuck off since it's legal lol.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I thought Pennsylvania glass was illegal? Unless that changed recently? Anyways I sure you will be fine, next time order from the US avoid the major border.

12. Bongs are legal to buy everywhere as long as they are labelled as "water pipes" made for tobacco usage.

13. Make your own with 1.5 PVC pipe and use a thimble with a hole drilled in the bottom for a bowl. Works great, fill it with ice cubes.

14. Your good dude I live in Illinois bought a few bongs from St. Louis mo at head shops

15. Yes,yes you should be worried but not for those reasons. but this was resent and first package sent back right?

Since it is glass I would guess it was broke and they could hear it broken glass in the box glass dust maybe leaking out .

or someone saw where it came from (lol ) ((really there name had to have the word bong in it?)) and maybe the invoice saying what was inside? and it read....(my bong) ((lol which one did you buy?))

16. 12" Metalic Soft Glass Bong - Assorted colors 02 This is the one I bought lol

17. Who ever gave you that advice is a fucking idiot. Even if ordering a bong was illegal, why the fuck would you return it to the sender after it arrived?

a) Bong arrived so it obviously wasn't confiscated, fuck it just keep it
    b) Why would you knowingly mail back an illegal object(by returning it to the sender)

Also they say 'federal offense' like it's a bad thing. Federal offense means federal prison. You know what type of people are in federal prison? Pretty much mostly fraudsters and some corrupt bankers shit like that. Think Bernie Madoff. On the other hand you have all the murders/rapists/sex offenders in state prison

• Like Like x 1
  18. I deleted post due to miss reading original post. Apologies lol

• Like Like x 1