Are blacklight posters childish?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark It29, Mar 4, 2013.

1. I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about black light posters. Because I'm on reddit and a guy posted a picture of a sick ass blacklight room, and everyone rips on him one of two ways. They either say he's 14-16 years old, or they make a comment about cum stains (which is fucking immature, every other comment is about cum stains lol). I have a large collection of blacklight posters, and I realize there will be a point when I take them down from my room, but I'm only 19 right now still living with parents. For me, I think the age where I took down most of my posters would be like 25. I also make a conscious effort not to have any posters regarding weed. All my pictures are fantasy/trippy style.

I just don't really see what's childish. Like say you have a blacklight poster of a band like The Doors or Led Zeppelin. Its just like a normal poster right?

2. Post some pics man!

3. #3 Spark It29, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  4. I think the cum stains joke was in reference to the black light, cause it makes them glow. But blacklight posters are sick. This is the one I've got:

[​IMG]

5. i have mad blacklight posters in my room, same age living with parents. I don't see anything childish about them... often about smoking cannabis and bands, so I don't think so.

6. These look pretty sick, I'm going to see if I can get a hold of some for my room. :)

7. I wasn't aware there was an age limit on blacklight posters. Honestly it's all on how you want your living area to look, who gives a fuck what other people think cause at the end of the day you'll be the one sleeping/living there right?
    On another note I fucking love blacklight posters! I don't care if I'm 50 I'll prob have a trippy room set up for my (wo)man cave.

8. Yeah it's up to you man, whatever makes you happy do it. My own policy (that makes me happy) is not to have a picture without a frame, I don't like movie posters, etc. I have one exception and that is my clockwork orange poster. (which i'm going to get framed.)

9. No I realize that. I'm just saying, the majority of the people are saying these posters are childish, and then every other post has to do with cum stains lol. They're immature.

10. Ebay or blacklight.com are your best bets

11. I wish I could hang on to some of my posters, didn't have any blacklight ones but had some pretty sick rares. Limited prints and shit, were pretty wicked, I think I burned them though.

Do you, man...Ain't another person worth bothering with in our short time on earth.:cool:

12. I saw that thread. IMO it looks pretty chill and who gives a fuck what others think? Pretty lame how everyone was hating.

13. Of course they will say that, its troll central.

14. Link to reddit thread or directions to find it?

Im somewhat on my own( rent basement from grandparents) and consider myself mature. Ive always wanted just one room with blacklight art and posters all over. No blanks areas, just trippy stuff like dragons and fantasy type stuff. One of these days im gonna make it happen.

15. Now thats just cool as fuck. Im diggin the stick on stars.

16. That's exactly what I wanted to do. I've had at least one blacklight poster since I was like 8. I actually had quite a few when I was younger, but most are gone now.

Anyways, I had the idea a couple years back to find blacklight paint, and paint my entire room with it. That idea never happened; never found actual blacklight house paint. So instead I picked out 5-6 posters for Christmas 2011. Since then, I've grown my collection and have actually run out of space, and I actually have another one coming in the mail.

17. I know home depot sells glow in the dark paint which would contrast nicely with a blacklight on a black wall.

18. #19 StuGrimson23, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    It's your place, do what you want. Personally, I don't hang anything without a frame. I do think blacklight posters are cool, but I only owned one, most of my posters I had up when I lived at home were sports, beer, or Iron Maiden. The last poster I got was a Coors Light poster because my friend was a model in the poster. Had her sign it and sent it to my little brother in college.

This was my only blacklight:
    [​IMG]

19. I know I should do what I want, I'm honestly just curious as to whether people on here think they are childish or not.