Are animals mentally ill?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by married2mj, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I'm thinking some animals such as deer must be mentally ill living in the world. They must be always paranoid and shit it must seem like they're constantly at war with anything human. Do you think animals are mentally ill or is it just part of instincts to be scared of anything higher on the food chain?

2. I don't think any animal besides maybe Chimpanzees possess the mental capacity to be considered 'mentally ill'. I mean, doesn't insanity suggest a certain level of consciousness in the first place, as it exists only as a contrast to what we would call "sane".

3. Animals can be mentally ill, just nature doesn't let em survive.

Most animals are sensitive to something wether light sound or vibrations.

4. Animals just have instinct and do not possess the ability to reason. So they dont think about what they do, they just do it. That being said im not sure how an animal can be mentally ill because then they wouldnt have instinct which would lead to pretty much nothing resulting in death.

5. I have a retarded cat with no balance at all, she tries to jump less than 2' from the floor onto the couch, lands 1/2 on, flips backwards and hits the floor on her back.

6. [​IMG]

7. sounds like a good cat.

8. omfg lawl

9. I think we're mentally retarded.

maybe its just me, but its probley you too.

10. Deer can be really nice and calm, I have tons that live around my house and you can just walk up right up to them.. just what would you expect a deers reaction to humans who they usually see staring them down the through the iron sights of a .22?

"Hooooly shit, everybody SCATTER, QUICK!!"

lol

11. who the fuck hunts deer with a .22

12. #13 grandmastersmit, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012

Someone who knows how to aim a gun.. it doesn't take much to take down a deer ya know?

And who the fuck cares anyhow? It was just an example to get the point across.. lol

13. I think some animals are smarter than others cuz some animals like cats and dogs have personalities and other animals like deer are just dumb as fuck and that's why its OK to eat them.

14. So, in essence, it would be okay to perform cannibalism on you?

15. haha what if there was a retarded elephant with retard strength? It could topple a building

16. Mentally ill doesn't mean retarded. I've been mentally ill before but I have never been retarded.

17. lmao.

18. sick ninja edit.

19. Well, mentally ill can mean many things. You really didn't specify..