Are 6in Flower Containers 2 small ? Help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Master_Kush, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hows everyone ? I been growing for a little over a year now. I started with soil w/ excellent results after the 2nd time. I have the perfect growroom. about 10x10 9ft high. I found a great deal from my friend at the grow shop on an aeroponic system. It is the hexagon model w/ 6 pods w/ 6 inch buckets & a center rotating pump. I have a 1000 watt HPS ballast, a SHPS bub, & a metal halide conversion bulb. All air circulation is beautiful, atmosphere controlled. I really learned alot. The most important thing I learned is that the road is called "Trial & Error". I just took the step to soilless gardening. I figure if im going to power the room live the best of both worlds. My question is this. Iam making a 2nd room for veggin & want to run soilless. I wonder about the 6 inch containers in the aeroponic system's pods. Will my plants be small ? I was thinking of buying another identical system so everything is interchangeable however I want big plants. Now if the 6 inch containers can grow some bigums I know my road. However if this thing wont grow big plants than I will be going another route. I know in soil a 10 gallon pot won't give you more than a 5 gallon. Does this same rule apply with hydro/aeroponic ? Im looking to grow some monsters. My goal is 3oz per plant. Before I buy another aeroponic system I need to know if plant growth will be effected by the container size, If it is what would you say is the best method for soiless to obtain large plants. Im trying to save some error learning the soilless. I know what Im doing in dirt, I did a small experiment with some dying clones from the store & flowered them after only a week. Small plants bud the buds were amazing. Now Im going to run this aeroponic system w/ 18-20hrs of Metal Halide ligting until the plants are about 20 inches tall before I hitem w/ the SHPS for 12 hrs. Will the size of pots have that much of an effect that it would be worth finding other means or rig up some type of larger basket. The whole point of interchangable is for the 2nd room im building. It will be my veg room. I need the 2 rooms always in action. Should I replace the aeroponic system if I want monsters ? If so what is the system with best proven results ?