Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ardent Nova Lift Overheated

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hunter548, Oct 19, 2021.

1. BUYER BEWARE

Bought my Nova Lift from Ardent in 2018. I only used it 4 or 5 times since then. Last weekend, I put 8 gms of bud in before going to bed and 8 hours later, it was still on. The lower third of the unit was so hot it was untouchable. Fortunately, it didn’t catch fire. The weed, of course, was toasted to a dark brown and a total loss.

Ardent will not repair the unit but would replace it for $150. As this product has no over temperature protection or any safety agency approval, I will not be replacing or ordering any of their products. Similar negative reports of overheating are written here as well as on Amazon. Apparently this overheating issue has been going on for a while and yet I don’t feel that Ardent has taken this issue seriously enough. I have also offered to send them my unit for failure analysis if they are so inclined.

Although it’s obvious to me after the fact, at a minimum, Ardent’s literature should state that the unit should never be left unattended. I would advise the same to any buyer.

2. So you left it on all night, and it's somehow their fault that it overheated?
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't get how it's their fault.

3. If you ever used a Nova, you would understand that the unit is designed to automatically shut off after an hour and forty minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I don't generally leave mine unattended, but I'll be sure to watch the time better now. I mainly decarb concentrate so I interrupt the cycle anyway as I want the concentrate melted. It's a good thing to be aware it may over heat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MIW, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    I've used my fx for close to a year. Must have run 10-12 ounces through it along with at least a half ounce of rosin, and in one load I decarbed 85 grams of sift hash. No problems. Works as advertised. BTW Amazon ratings show a 4.5 out of 5 rating.

So you have a bad one. Ok, shit happens. If it was me I'd take their offer and get a new one, rather than trash ardent in multiple forums.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. You'll have to pry my Nova from my cold, dead hands. Great product and customer service.
    Just my experience. I dropped my unit while hanging onto the cord. The cord separated from the base and I couldn't repair. They sent a new unit, free of charge which arrived before I returned the damaged one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks for the post...even though I have never had an issue with mine...I will be keeping an eye on it.

8. Fuck nova! I am on my 3rd one! The last time they blamed me for running it twice in a 24 period. Just another ripoff company. If you apply discount code they send you a used repaired from another customer. Mine came with a few buds in the tube packaging. The oven works perfectly fine!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. I went thru the same thing with my ardent , it got so hot the outer plastic got brittle! It started to crumble so I wrapped it with flex tape and electrical tape. I also put it on a 2 hr timer, just to play it safe,so far so good. Still works fine. I agree that they should have replaced the unit no charge. The so called few ardents that failed compared to the amount sold that didn't fail, that's cheap, bad business to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. #11 BrassNwood, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    The wife must have bought 25 various Electric kitchen gadgets over the years and they all wind up collecting dust sooner or later and handed to me and told to store in the garage and she goes back to using the 1939 gas Stove.
    What the hell do any of these people know? Do they use it themselves?. Send the damn kitchen gadgets back for a refund.

What you actually need.
    A glass door thermostat controlled Toaster oven.
    An oven thermostat.
    Appropriately sized dishes.

[​IMG]
    $20.00

For edibles your really want the cannabis stone dry.
    240 F for 40 minutes uncovered, pea sized nuggets.
    upload_2021-10-22_5-56-29.jpeg
    $5.00
    [​IMG]
    Stainless steel cat food dish.

Make weak oil = eat 6 tablespoons of it.
    Make strong oil = 6 drops for most of you lightweights is enough.

I wouldn't trust 15 grams of my hard won Kief out of my sight period.

[​IMG]

This is 50 Milligrams worth. 5 doses for most people. It needs just enough oil to wet it. 10 drops from an eyedropper. Most of the stupid so called cannabis machines need 16x more oil as a minimum to even run then I work in. You don't need all that oil.

Think in teaspoons and Tablespoons not Cups. You want mud pie. The Lecithin we use as a strength enhancer works best at 20%. Processing time should be 20 minutes for the most "Get up and Go"
    4 or more alternating freeze and heats will degrade the oil and make it progressively more sleep inducing.

When I figured out this stuff acts as all day pain killer for the dragon in my belly caused by 3 rounds of Colon surgery I "Studied" As hard as possible to make the best of the best edible oil possible.

I need to make it at home from what I grow in the yard. It needs to work every day. Maximum strength in the smallest possible package with the greatest duration. This checks all the boxes.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    5 grams Kief or Hash or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Kief-Hash 1 drop = 3mg
    Powdered buds 1 drop =1mg

Works for 12 hours. Taken at 5 am I'll still be nicely stoned at 5pm.

BNW

• Like Like x 1