Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain Ardent nova fx

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by sethd513, May 9, 2020.

1. So I bought one. Here is a slight review. This thing is huge. So glad that I didn’t go with the original nova. The flex or fx says it can hold up to 28oz or fluid and 4 oz flower depending. It has a THCA and cbg a decarb setting. It also has cbda, infuse and bake settings.

My first run I did the a1 THCA and cbg decarb. Just was able to fit 2 oz of trim in. About 1.5 hours for it to cool. On to the infuse setting. I added 20oz. Little more then I wanted. 3 hour infusion with a 1 hour cool down.

Finished with 14 oz total. Happy. Can actually feel the affects within an hour. Not potent enough for me so I’ll add about 900mg per oz of cbd and it will be a perfect 2-1 day time pain removal tincture.

So then I started this morning to do my night time ptsd tincture and turning it on walked away. Came back to a green light very early and the buttons not working. So it’s broken.....

..... to be continued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I've also got the Ardent FX.
    It smells a little more than the smaller version, but that makes sense because decarbing 2 oz is smellier than decarbing 1/2 oz.
    I'm still comparing the Ardent infusion to other infusion methods, and don't know whether I like Ardent infusion yet.
    The infusion seems to be similar to Magical Butter Machine's 160 F for 1 hr, plus some heat up and cool down time.

3. I’m very happy with infusion. 3 hours and cool down let’s me handle the product without issue. Good color, great taste. I’m coming from kitchen stove and amazon crock pot crap so this is a huge step up. Clean neat and tidy for sure. How long have you had the flex? Any issues with the buttons other then 100%?

4. So far I love the FX.
    I've made a few different infusions with the same strains to test ardent infusion, but haven't judged things yet.
    The infusion is so easy, I'd be tempted to accept slightly worse results.

5. How have you cleaned it

6. I never clean mine.
    I either use flower or liquid in a beaker, so I don't get it dirty.
    A long-handle bristle brush help get debris out of the bottom.

7. Interesting. It says they are dish washer safe. Didn’t know if my hand washing is what did it.

8. Apparently the controls that light up are water proof, but I worry.
    I also own some of the smaller Ardent LIfts, and have never washed their aluminum containers.

9. My thoughts exactly. Clearly they are faulty when touched by water.... maybe. Hopefully hear from them today.

10. So they said sometimes when they receive these with the same issues the buttons work. So they asked for a video. And guess what, the mode button worked but still not power. So that got sent out and hopefully late this week or early next I’ll get the replacement.

11. Update

New ardent arrived yesterday. Carrying case and box are banged up but the unit works. Did an a1 decarb and infusion cycle. This time I put cheese cloth under the lid of the ardent to strain. How easy. Got probably 95% of my oil out then squeezed maybe a half oz more out. Couldn’t be happier. Tinctures taste great, they work and I could be putting the cart before the horse but I’d assume my buttons work still. For anyone who’s tincture needs range from 5oz to 15oz per cook, this is the machine for you. And those numbers are trim. You could easily put 2-4 oz of product in here and then add 20-28oz of tincture and end up with a solid potent product and around 22-23oz I’d say.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey Seth,

I just got the Ardent Lift with the infusion sleeve. It’s only for me, so I didn’t need the capacity of the FX. What are you using to make your tinctures? I have been looking for a good recipe without alcohol. So far infused gummies are the best thing I have made, with coconut oil. I make a butter infusion but it seemed so much weaker than the coconut oil.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. This and only this. 5 oz of mct per oz of weed is pretty strong. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 MIW, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    I've been using my nova fx for decarbing since last fall when I bought it on a holiday sale.

I just finished my third version of a night time, heavy cbn capsule with enough thc for a good effect. A personal goal.

I like my latest version the best. I re-decarbed or decarbed twice if you will, 5 grams of sift hash and added that to 5 grams of sift hash decarbed once.

Then as usual, a tsp of lecithin, and coconut oil for a total of 4 ounces. This will fill approximately 120, size 00 gel caps.

Total cannabinoids roughly 45mg each, but in effect more like a 35mg capsule due to some thc converted to cbn, but with good results for restful uninterrupted sleep.

So I think I found a formula for a sleep aid with a mellow buzz using my nova.

Decarb half the actives twice, and half once, and make it 10-20% stronger than normal due to the thc degrading to cbn.

Just to note my failures. I tried decarbing 9 lb hammer rosin in the cbd mode, but it didn't seem to make much, if any cbn's.

And a 2x decarb of thc buds came out weak and I had to keep adding more buds (decarbed once) to have a physcoactive effect. It was effective for sleep though.

So if anyone makes something similar know to make it stronger than normal to make up for the degraded thc if that's what you want.

15. I too use mainly for sleep.
    My experience is that CBD greatly harms my sleep, and any strain with more than about 0.5% CBD is unusable.
    CBD is a mild stimulant, but for me 10 mg is like drinking 6 cups of coffee.

Another thing that helps is rotating among several different sleepy strains.
    Even the sleepiest ones become less effective when used too often.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good point on the CBD. I agree.

I do use it in most of our daytime meds though. It seems to give me focus and energy, an overall nice feeling, but not for sleep. Lately we use it in (day time) medibles without decarbing first.

The sift hash I used was from a variety of buds. Most were sativas, 5/6 but degrading the thc worked well for sleep. I suspect cbn's are cbn's no matter what they came from. Without the double decarb the capsules definitely would be racy.

17. I tried decarbing rosin in my fx on the A2 mode twice now, and someone else on a forum did concentrates two times in the A2 mode.

Both of us agree that the A2 mode might work better for the semi liquid concentrates.

I asked ardent about this, and here is their reply,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We appreciate you sharing this information with us, the A1 cycle is certainly configured to decarboxylate the THC cannabinoids, the sensors are monitoring the temperature in real-time and prompting heating cycles that fully permeate all of the material, this is what allows it to decarboxylate the cannabinoids regardless if the cannabinoids are in flower or a concentrate.

To answer your question, at this time we have not tested decarbing rosin on the A2 mode.