Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ardent, Brick, and Coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SenorSiri, Oct 21, 2021.

1. I currently live in a South American country where cannabis is still looked upon poorly, so there aren't many options until I can start growing myself, or find the right people which there arent many of.

Currently, the options are:
    1. relatively fresh unknown origin brick, usually green, kind of moist, few seeds/stems, and nice trichomes but not as plentiful as med/rec buds stateside. Cost: $25/oz
    2. Colombian bud. I don't know if thats a strain name or just where it comes from. I have yet to purchase any as the cost is far different to the brick, and its brown color just makes me think its going to be more body high, when i want a heady high. $60/5g

Trying to cut down on smoking I purchased an ardent to make edibles. The ardent has its own automatic decarbing cycle. I ran a full oz of the ground brick through the Ardent using a full cycle.

I made gummies using coconut oil, where i ran about 3/4 oz with 1/2 cup of coconut oil for 40 minutes. Timing suggested by Ardent site.
    My question, from what I've read about brick they say you dont need to decarb, but with it being fresher than brick i've gotten stateside I feel like it still needs a decarbing, but how much?
    Fresh brick needs a full decarb cycle? Partial cycle with an oil heat up after?

Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Without testing id decarb the lot of it. Or split into batches, only decarb a portion, and go from there with what works best. I've read studies where even very old buds still had a lot of thca, so I suspect decarbing would be needed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I agree with MIW always decarb any cannabis you intend to eat. A double decarb won't hurt it in the least but a half done, partial decarb will lack the power it should have had.

Return the Ardent for refund and spend the money on more weed. You only need a $25.00 glass door toaster oven and a stainless steel cat food dish.

Decarb Cannabis 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered. Pea sized nugs widely separated. If weed was at all damp and spongy dehydrate first 140 F for 60 minutes then decarb.

Grind to dust next.

5 grams Kief or Hash or Powdered Buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes. (optional)
    Done.

[​IMG] Triple batches
    15 grams of Kief
    3 tablespoons of Coconut oil
    2 teaspoons Lecithin
    Fills 90 single zero Capsules.

[​IMG] Buds 1 drop = 1mg
    Kief or Hash 1 drop = 3mg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I've been making and taking this every day for the last 8 years and it is as good as it gets.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the input. Time to do some experimenting with the next batches it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. For my two cents, I'd recommend the Columbian. I have never smoked more uplifting strain(s) of pot even full of seeds. You do need to fully decarb the brick weed you describe. It's either bricked or baled throughout central and South America and doesn't match the US version, lucky for you.

Most of those types are Sativas although there are some lowland reds in Panama and Columbia that will knock you out. I actually envy you. That Columbian is too expensive but I bet the $25/oz fresh brick is excellent. But definitely decarb it. It needs over 3 years to naturally decarb. Yours should be nowhere near that old. :)