Architecture students!

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by burritoace, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Don't know if this exactly belongs here, but what the hell. I'm in my second year of architecture school, just wondering if there are any other architecture students on here. Curious about your thoughts on weed+architecture, the ridiculous amount of work, etc. Hit it up

2. burritoace -

sorry to revive an old thread, but I haven't seen a whole lot on this topic out there.

I am a third year architecture student, and I think that smoking weed early in the course of the project helps a lot with conceptual development.

It helps mid-project with formal design, especially the interior spaces. It is easy to visualize the experience of moving through a hypothetical space while I am high, and the feelings that you get about a space are amplified, making the design of spaces easier, and helping you to further understand why you are making certain design decisions.

Finally, when working late in studio, if I get kinda tired of the project, I can take a late night smoke break and then get at least another few hours of work done while jamming to music or whatever.

Building the final model is such a intricate process that I like to do the important stuff sober, but when its making repetitie cuts or gluing laser-cut pieces together, may as well be high for that too.

We have one of the few majors where we can successfully be high and work on architectural work at the same time.

Not only does it not inhibit my productivity, I think it improves the quality of my design work.

3. Glad to see there are some more architecture and design threads.
    @architecTHC-where do you go to school? Whats your area of focus?How do you feel about the program since you started,is it what you thought it was going to be?