Aquarium water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by COMtnMan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. It's read a article about watering with aquarium water between nutes. Anybody do this? Results?

2. Aquarium water is just reverse osmosis water. Its basically the purest water you can get. I'm sure it's just to flush between feedings. Alot of people do this.

3. Aquarium water has some goodies in it. Live beneficial bacteria along with all the fish poop. As long as there is no salt and or meds in the water.

4. Right I got all that. I have read articles on it just no joe potheads inhouse results. I have read of ppl who put in like 5 in of fish per gallon + snails plants and crawfish. I have a 35 with healthy fish. Frogs. Snails. Plant life. I was going to water with aquarium water every third time. Ph does need to come down a bit for 6.3. I just started 5 seeds(3in) + 5 3 week olds 6-7 in that I will use 1 per as subjects.

5. Oh I've actually never heard of that. I know they make fish ferts but that's different. Let me know how it goes.

6. My grow shop guru says ppl use talapia tanks for hydro. But was going to look around for stuff on soil and fish tank water. It has pros and cons. Like ammonia. What your feeding. But I watered test plants and they survived lol

7. A healthy established tank doesn't have ammonia in the water. Ammonia gets converted to nitrite by the beneficial bacteria. Nitrites get converted to nitrates, which is much less toxic in lower concentrations (less than 40 ppm).

8. Great info. So would u use it?

9. Do a search for "aquaponics" Pretty cool stuff.

10. I have before, just not on marijuana plants. I am curious to see if it will be beneficial to marijuana plants. I was thinking of using aquarium water on young seedlings until it's time to feed with nutes. I just might experiment with my next grow.

If you're going to do it, make sure you dig into your gravel. You want that poop in the gravel. Test for ammonia, if less than 0.25, it's good to go.

11. Right. Everyone waters house plants with it. I read where a guy drilled holes in corks and floated clones. Claimed they rooted in 3 days.

12. There are some vids on you-tube of guys doing aquaponics with MJ. It sounds like it works great for veg, but need to supliment in flower.

13. Right I have seen the aquaponics stuff. I want to use with soil. nutes then ph'd aquarium water

14. Ah I see. I would think it would work good. Give it a shot on one plant, and see how it goes. And keep us updated of course.

15. Going to be watering again the 2 test baby's. They are looking good. Will post comparison pics this eve

16. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'd do this myself but tore down the aquarium while moving...

17. So the seedling was dead next morning. But 3 week old is doing quite well

18. So the seedling most likely could not handle the high levels. That pic is the 3 week old. Will be 3 sat. No noticeable difference compared to control

Attached Files: