Aquarium water and nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Griz10, Jan 1, 2010.

1. I currently use aquarium water for my seedlings ... some in soil (Fox Farm Light Warrior) and some in DWC bubble bucket. I plan to use fox farm nutes (grow big, tiger bloom). Is it advisable/safe to use nutes with the aquarium water? As long as I maintain the proper ph should I be OK or do I risk over fertilizing due the combination of minerals in the aquarium water combined with those in the nutes?

Thanks for any input.

2. what do youo mean you use aquarium water? you're taking water from your aquarium?

3. Yes. I have a long established fresh water 200 gallon aquarium set-up. I am using water from the aquarium to water my seedlings. Aquarium water has certain minerals in it, uncluding nitrates, and waste by-products. My thinking was that this might be good for my plants.

4. yeah, I have no idea, man... I think that's going to be a bit of an experiment on your part... not sure anyone here is going to have answers to that.... most people water with distilled water.

5. I'll just experiment and see how it goes I guess. I don't want to over complicate my grow so I will go lightly with the nutes.