Aquarium decoy

Discussion in 'Security' started by thelizardkin, Feb 15, 2013.

1. I keep aquariums specifically planted and reef tanks now I'm not sure if you're familiar with fishkeeping but it requires a lot of light and power I'm currently running 1800w over my big reef and some good sized lights on my others I also vent the heat for the big reef outside which a lot of growers do but I had an idea if I were to grow weed could I use the fish tanks as an excuse in case the police come to my house?

2. I think if the po-po comes to your house, they ain't leave'n till they're satisfied they got what they came for.

3. You could use it to explain power consumption, light leaks, or venting heat. That may satisfy curiousity depending in why they are there. If they have a warrant, or you let them in then seeing fishtanks isn't going to stop them from looking further if they already have suspicion.

Its funny to me how people hide light leaks when I spent the better part of a decade with a reef tank in my living room that looked like a beacon from two blocks away. That being said, I don't like light leaks now either LOL.

4. Why would the police come to your house in the first place

5. Pay your energy bills, dont sell dont tell don't smell
    You will be just fine!

6. Well generally when the police come they just dont knock on the door and at the door way ask for a explanation. They can now do warrantless searches thanks to the US Supreme Court if they have probable cause. Usually a search if very thorough and it will not be pretty...i.e. they will tear the house apart and you will clean up the mess. Usually in that scenario anything and everything will be searched. So you have 10,000 feet of house filled with reefs but the one plant puts you in jail with Bubba for quite some time.

Your best bet is to use proper precautions such as a grow tent/area, no leaking light sources, pay your energy bill, keep your mouth shut, proper odor control even if you think you do not need it.

When your growing you have to be 100% aware and discreet. Cops only require you to fuck up once.

7. Ya basically what they said. If you get searched you're gonna need a trap door a crawl-space behind a wall or something. And even in those cases you're gonna need something to keep the dogs from spotting it. Recently read about a guy who had a grow op going on underneath his house. K9 unit hit on a trap door he had in a closet underneath the floor. Pretty fucked up.

8. That would be correct. There was a case before the Supreme Court last week dealing with K9s and that there noses basically were not a calibrated instrument so the defense had appealed the case to them. Supreme Court ruled that K9s are indeed enough.

9. That's why you gotta do everything you can to make sure they don't come to your house with a K9. And it would probably be a good idea to use Barry Cooper's trick of sprinking weed dust all over.

10. Loose lips sink ships, the less that know the better and make sure they are very trustworthy whoever you tell. If you are not selling and growing for personal use you should have nothing to worry about. Your not out buying promoting a market, and your not selling and expanding the market. You are harmless in their eyes, they want the people making money off it and avoiding taxes.

11. Just don't tell anyone what your doing and you'll be safe ten years later. It's fucking hard though to not show someone when you have a half pound plant in full flower. These plants are so beautiful it's a god damd shame they have to be hidden in cellars and shit

12. That's what's nice about being on here even though it is a little bit of a risk so we can share some pics and stuff. Like I said above though I think us personal growers who don't sell or profit in anyway are harmless. I honestly wish they would do a tax stamp where we pay a simple tax each year and can grow X amount of plants at a time depending how much you pay and if you sell just claim the money as income and be taxed just like any other worker.