Aquaponics?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Delilah01, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Hi I was wonderin if anyone grows weed with aquaponics? I guess it's a type of hydroponics but instead of fertilizer there r fish n that's were the fertilizer comes from... Does anyone who's familiar with this know if weed would grow in these systems? I've heard vegetables grow better in aquaponics than with hydroponics idk if that's true tho

2. It's probably not worth your time.

3. #3 theVirtuoso, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    Aquaponics is a wonderful way to grow... it helps to have an idea of what you're addressing before actually forming such an opinion.

I saw a thread on here quite some time ago where a guy was doing a lot of aquaponics.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/474090-aquaponic-cannabis.html

Your best bet is to read that and google for other aquaponic cannabis growers.

I'm happy with my setup, but I've been interested in using aquaponics for other things outdoors.

You feed the fish -> fish excrete ammonia -> bacteria ingests ammonia, producing nitrate wastes -> plants take up the nitrates -> repeat

It's probably about as easy as hydroponics can get. You do a setup similar to other hydroponic rigs such as NFT or ebb&flow, but in the reservoir you have the fish instead of a nutrient solution.

4. Very interesting. I haven't heard of this before.

5. pretty convenient actually. Nitrogenous wastes build in the beginning during veg and then phosphorus starts to build later in the grow when you want to flower. Potassium and micro nutrients need to be supplemented but pretty much ALL plant (algea,cannabis,etc) use the same stuff

6. Then maybe you can call it superdro or aquo.