Aquaponic project

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Thizface, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Yeah that is our main concern too. We picked them up as a package deal. We will down size to what we can handle.

2. are you familiar with allan savory's work?
    or even Joel Salatin's?

3. Ive seen a few of Joel's youtube videos and remember him being in food inc. Never heard of the african guy.

4. Sweet thread dude!! One of my favs on GC. Thanks for sharing. I'd make some nice cheese with some of your goats milk.

Be easy
    Soigné

5. image-2315511705.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback! Three more growbeds built. Cant wait for this storm to pass so i can start playing with them.

6. Nice bro im subbed....i always wanted to do an ap set up...have u seen kai the hitchhiker on youtube lol

B*tch dont kill my vibe

7. Yeah kai the anti Christ i saw him on the cobert report or how ever you spell that comedy central show. Puttin the valley on the map.

8. [quote name='"Thizface"']

Thanks for the positive feedback! Three more growbeds built. Cant wait for this storm to pass so i can start playing with them.[/quote]

Your set up looks awesome man! Let me say 3 words, you fucking rock! Living off of yourself and not Walmart. Very cool to me to read and see people live this way.If you don't mind me asking thizface, how did you go about starting aquaponics? Did you start small and work up to the large scale? And any wisdom/advice to starting out? Ever since I saw this thread I have been interested and have been reading on this method of growing. Thanks for the dope thread brother.

9. Hey ecotek, i came across will allen at growing powers youtube videos at the same time i moved into the property to start my farm. As soon as i saw the video i dug the 80 ft trench a week later. I havent successfully pulled this off yet, but so far it does seem as easy as it looks. I used to operate nuclear power plants, in which i got a lot of training on pumps and fluid systems so i think that helps.

10. [quote name='"Thizface"']Hey ecotek, i came across will allen at growing powers youtube videos at the same time i moved into the property to start my farm. As soon as i saw the video i dug the 80 ft trench a week later. I havent successfully pulled this off yet, but so far it does seem as easy as it looks. I used to operate nuclear power plants, in which i got a lot of training on pumps and fluid systems so i think that helps.[/quote]

Nice, ap so far seems really effective. Congrats on your farm. An good luck will the little one on the way.

11. Thanks, She was born 12/12/12 and is super healthy 100% breast fed.

12. image-3200998463.jpg

Attached Files:

13. image-847761606.jpg

A picture of the pollution in our valley. Mainly from agriculture.

14. U can taste it in the air

B*tch dont kill my vibe

15. The bell siphon works, not as fast as we would like to so we will add a couple of holes to the bell. Also a leak in the box so im gonna have to reseal it.

16. Nice I heard those r a pain in the ass to get dialed in...

B*tch dont kill my vibe

17. [quote name='"Thizface"'][/quote]

Beautiful man.

18. image-1351949499.jpg

So i used a 1-1/4 inch bit to make the hole for the drain. Then i used my polyurethane sealant to seal in a 3/4 inch coupling.

Attached Files:

19. Picked up 1/2 yard of pea gravel today but the sealant on the beds was still too wet since i decided to reseal both beds. Dont want to run into anymore leaks.