Aquaponic Cannabis

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by geneticengineer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. sooo me and my partner finished the second attachment to the system. got some whitaker blue, tahoe og, larry or, green crack and two white widows . the new pump works great as well.

enjoyy people and what is the amount of superthrive i would put in the system??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what is a the estimate yield per plant ??? just want a guess and we are planning to flower at 18 inches some are around 11- 12 right now.

2. the bell syphon really gave us hell, is there a easier way to do flood and drain?? don't want a timer though.

3. well i use a loop siphon but im not certain that you can use that without a timer or manually turning it off and on occasionally

hmmm... saw a videop that was recommended to me the other day by youtube, cant find it again, he connected the two (actually he had 8 or so) beds with holes in the bottom of the bed, the holes led to a pipe that was entirely level and then that pipe was connected to a simple "u" siphon that led to the FT, the siphon had a break that went into the beds so that when the water was sucked all the way to the bottom of the bed, it would break the siphon, i dont know if he had a timer or not

4. ok nicee , let me know if you find that video. what do you think of the set up now?? and is 18 inches a good time to flower. i want to top the plants but i can't see what i see on the videos, on my plants if that makes sense.

5. at 18 inches, if you want to top i would say just lop of the top inch or so the first time on the main stalk
    for instance on the left plant in the last pic posted, it looks like there are three leaves or so on the top, where those leaves merge and become the main stalk, cut just below that, right above the next node, which is where leaves or side branches meet the main stalk

i would personally top a few times first to improve yields unless of course youre running out of room

6. With the size of your system it would be safe to use like 4-6 drops every 2-3 days of Superthrive

7. I've got mine setup with a loop siphon as well but all auto siphons need a little adjustment now and then to keep it dialed in no timer necessary

8. #668 Purehindukush, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
    hey guys thanks for all the help so far, i have a issue going on with the plants on the right side, last night the looked overwatered. so i stopped the flow to it over night. they look better now but now two have them formed small brown spots on the leaves the leaves are still little droopy. i googled things but i can't find out what it is. any help on this?? leave for vegas tomorrow and now i'm nervous .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Do you have adequate airation? You really want to keep your water really well airated. Not saying that's your problem but could be contributing it may be a PH problem what is your PH @ now?

10. Hello all fellow aquaponists. I added some more usefull critters to my Eco system. There called California black worms or just black worms thy sell them at some aquarium stores. There these little black worms that live in rivers streams ponds and swamps they feed off organic matter helping to break down waste build up in the system and they duplicate like crazy and make a great snack for all your little fishes there a great little addition to this living system of symbiotic life.

11. so i'm running into a problem. the new clones we put in are turning yellow and brown, shriveling up. and a bunch of brown spots.

12. What's your ph

13. i think the ph is at 6-7 . also we have switched the lights to 12/12. i read online that its starts to flower 2 weeks into flowering stage?? is this true , its only been in flowering for 4-5 days no sign of buds yet.

14. ive heard it said that the most limiting factor in an aquaponics system is aeration and high enough oxygen levels because it doesnt take more than a few minutes for everything to die without oxygen, all the other compnents of an aquaponics system can be absent for days without significant dieback in comparision to proper aeration

15. well my ap set up fills and drains very quick, but i was just wondering when i would start to see buds form .

16. Depending on strain it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to see pre flowers but normally within a couple weeks and yes in an AP system air flow need to be constant if you are running a ebb n flo though if your air pump dies on you an not the water pump there will be enough o2 added by the action of the ebb n flo to run untill you could replace the pump (wouldnt go longer than a day)if you think about it ponds and lakes don't have aeration pumps just large surface area an some agitation but yea you need constant aeration can't go for too long without it or system will go anaerobic on you and that would not be good

17. so should i be adding a air pump in the grow bed?? or the fish tank??

18. Personally I use an industrial quality air pump (do not get an aquarium pump even big ones died on me) In both the grow bed and fish tank I think I paid like 60 on amazon and it came with 8way adjustable splitter.

19. just fyi, i dont have an air stone in my ebb and flow system cus it just stopped pumping one day (admittedly i didnt even look to see if it was still plugged in) a couple weeks ago, turtle and plants are fine
    but my system is quite small, moving maybe 5 gal max per cycle, and i havent got a chance to set up the timer system just yet so i just run it a few times a night after work, once or twice before if i get myself up early enough

20. U would def get an air pump going in there you don't have to use air stone you can just plug end of air Line and poke tiny holes with a needle and weight it down gotta have somthing in there