Aquaponic Cannabis

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by geneticengineer, Oct 4, 2009.

1. I used to hear from them and have not in a long time. They were both doing some real cool stuff:)

2. #642 DIYer, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
    Took me 2 days, but i read every single post in this thread. I love it, i'm doing it ASAP! Like many i wonder where geneticengineer and donedeal have gone, but at the same time its not their jobs to hand feed us anymore. I think there is plenty of info on aquaponics already out there, and plenty of info in this thread for those who want to make it work for marijuana. Those plush berry pictures are proof enough for me it'll work with weed, and the level of the smoke purity has to be out of this world for the same reason top chefs pay top dollar to aquaponic growers for veggies.

I've never wanted more weed than the next guy, i want better smoke than all the guys so i get all the stoner girls :D

Lets get on doing it folks! You know you probably have half the shit you'll need laying around from previous grows, lets get started!

3. I wish i knew if TGA Subcool Seeds Plush Berry from Attitude seeds was the same Plush Berry geneticengineer grew. I'd buy the seeds and grow it in his honor! Besides I'm all about taste too. Have a Woody Kush strain i grow, seeds came straight from mendocino county, love its taste more than any other, would love to try to cross them.

4. hey guys so last week i saw that the bell syphon was clogged due to the roots growing in it. i just cut them out . we are thinking about adding another bucket and adding 4 more plants to the system.

5. just wondering will there be enough nutes with 8 fish and 7 plants?? o i would have to add more fish. and has anyone tried superthrive?? we are also about to clone some of the plant as well.

6. I've use it In small amounts without a problem for over six months now I haven't lost a single fish yet As To the amount of fish to plant ratio There are way too many variables for definite answer we need more detail

7. 29 gallon fish tank, 10 gallon tub, trying to add one for 10 gallon tub. what else is needed ?? have 8 gold fish . how much per gallon are you mixing the superthrive with and do you see a plus to using it??

8. I think to start out you should be ok but I like to have a very diverse system with all kind of little critters plecos,catfish, ciclids worms and other invertabrates small and large helps keep everything balance like nature just a little mini ecosystem with minimal input and what input(fish food) I do add is natural as well
    But I don't really worry to much about the fish adding enough nute because of the way I'm set up I add nutes to my top layer of the dual root ebb n flo system oh yeah and I do see a little difference with the Superthrive and I only add a few drops every couple days to the system
    What kind of system are you using

9. its a flood drain system , with a bell syphon and we haven't added any nutes to the plant other than the fish. this is our first grow ever and we picked aquaponics . i think the pump is a 170 or 180 per hour as well. could we split the pump for two grow beds with that much of a flow?? or its better to just buy another pump

10. Not sure if your reservoir is big enough and also that pump may be to small for two tubs and two bell siphons

11. I veg mine in coco and feed aquaponic water for nutes at first I was gonna try what you are trying but then realized my res is to small and didn't want to add another pump

12. well the expanded balls take up a lot of mass so the tub right now doesn't even get low, we still need to add more water to fill it closer to the top. even though its a 10 gallon it isn't filling up with ten gallons of water. i just found a pump on harbor freight website for 264gh pump for 14 bucks. what you think about the power for that?? i'm planing on setting this up tomorrow so all the info will be great.

13. True I wasn't even thinking about the volume of the browned media I don't have any in mine so wasn't even thinking about that but yeah I don't see why that pump wouldn't work and if it didn't you could just use both

14. great ill post picture of the added tub,but adding another tub would make adding water and feeding the fish a bit harder. so i'm trying to figure out a way to extend the tub a little off the bottom container .

15. Looked at some of your pics of setup and if I'm seeing correctly maybe you could just pull the res away from the back wall a little and slide you grow beds back against the wall?

16. ya that's exactly what we are going to try. can't wait to clone some of the plant. first time trying it out.

17. You might even be able to pull out thifarther for more access by putting some kind of support in back for the grow beds

18. You have got to try air layer cloning I've got 100% success rate with the technique even on the girls that are well into flowering which are very hard to get

19. sooo me and my partner finished the second attachment to the system. got some whitaker blue, tahoe og, larry or, green crack and two white widows . the new pump works great as well.

enjoyy people and what is the amount of superthrive i would put in the system??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]