apricot seeds cure cancer

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PrettyApache, May 17, 2010.

1. Straight from the wiki's mouth:

So, you're kind of right. B17 by itself cannot harm you. But if you introduce an enzyme that breaks the C-C bond holding the cyanide ion on to the molecule, you may just be in trouble.
    And we know that the human body and many foods contain such an enzyme so it is safe to say that taking a bunch of B17 might just kill you.

Now, as far as eating apple seeds (or what have you) and dying...well that's just plain ol not true because I have eaten apple seeds before and I'm obviously fine.
    The reason being, there isn't enough B17 in an apple's worth of seeds to kill you.

2. I've said it before on here and I'll say it again, this B17 thing is a scam. It is not new, it does not work, it does prey on people who are desperate for a cure. You can't blame people for trying every last possible cure when they are dieing, but this one does not work.

Here is a free paper from 1975, that methodically explains why this does not work and how it has been purpurted to work.

The vitamin fraud in cancer quackery.

And here is one that you can't reach unless you have journal access (you do if you go to college or work for a university.

"Laetrile for cancer: a systematic review of the clinical evidence"

If anyone has a peer-reviewed paper that promotes B17, I will gladly read it and reconsider my opinions, but you won't likely find any legitamate research as this fraud is being passed on by someone looking to make money, not to contribute to cancer research.

3. #24 David5534, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    Its a natural vitamin which can be found in some types of food, would you pay some company for something thats already in some foods?

Also everyone whos skeptical about this should checkout this video, its got a lot of scientific info on how it works and why there are government studies saying it doesn't.

G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17 (55min)

4. It's NOT a vitamin.

5. It is if i cures or even helps fight cancer.

6. Uhmmm, no it's not, that's not the definition of a vitamin, and number two, it DOESN'T FIGHT OR CURE CANCER.

7. #28 David5534, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    How do you know it doesn't fight or cure cancer? Did you watch the video i posted? And your right its not a vitamin.

8. Willi is right, its not a vitamin. And most importantly, it does not fight cancer. Rather than pass on a video, why not look for legitimate scientific research. Use pubmed or if you don't have access, google scholar. If there was even a glimpse of truth to this, there would be a slew of scientific papers about it. Do you realize the pressure on these researchers to put out paper, they would be testing this if there was any chance of it working, but instead they are researching things that have not yet been proven ineffective against cancer.

9. Common sense.

10. #31 David5534, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    If you watched the video you would know you need government approval to even get your hands on pure b17, they also bring up some studies in the video where they got positive results for cancer treatment. I don't know how factual the information in this video is so i encourage all you more informed people to give it a watch if/when you have nothing better to do.

You should watch the video i posted so you can give me a reason why you think it doesn't work instead of just saying "its wrong because i say so".

11. just like jews being the reason for germany's economy tanking right?... right?

or the bush administration letting 9/11 happen (or doing it themselves) to get control of the oil and hike its prices to ridiculous prices.

think before you speak or type, the government doesnt give a FUCK about the people. just about making money, think about half of our laws, not many make much sense but, you get fined for a shit load of money by half of them.

less than a gram of weed got me a 427 dollar fine... think man, think.

12. The simple reason why they would never make a synthetic of B17 is that people would just eat foods with B-17.:rolleyes:

13. Do not trust any company or business like group that is in search of: PROFIT..
    Do you really think they could make money of Vit. B17 a like products? It grows natural!

14. Which one is it? Is it hard to obtain or is it not?

15. Its found in a lot of seeds and other things like that but if you wanted to get laetrile (pure b17) you need the governments approval.

16. What I will say is that its unlikely companies are after a cure for cancer that is easily available from nature

research costs money, people research things because they expect a profit. If researching a cure for cancer that you can easily grow is gonna get you bankrupt, you're probably not going to research it..

On the other hand, just because its a bad buisiness move to research the cure for cancer doesn't mean the cure for cancer already exists and has been made illegal

:smoking:

Oh wait...

Well I mean besides THC

17. This caught my eye about a month ago, and I did some research. I came across a quote from an MD that died in the late 1980's that stuck with me. To paraphrase:

"The world should know the majority of cancer research is a fraud."

I don't remember the guys name, but that might be it word for word.

I have no idea if this works or not, but after a lot of research, if I were to be diagnosed with cancer I would try B17 before chemo or radiation therapy.

Unfortunately, corporations run this country. Big Pharma is a hefty industry concerned with profit, that is it. That is how corporations work. They are in the business of creating medication, not curing people. If they acknowledged that B17 cured cancer via cancer being a B17 deficiency disease, then people would buy apricots and eat the seeds. You can't outlaw apricots (or maybe you can :(). If they synthesized a chemical that did it that didn't occur naturally, then they would sell it.

To think that money doesn't find its way from Rx corporations to most foundations, institutions and researchers is foolish, they have BILLIONS of dollars to protect their future profit.

So why would some MD say the majority of cancer research is a fraud? Was he just some ass with nothing better to do or was right?

18. interesting post, thanks!

FACT: we live in a country where profit motive outweighs all else

FACT: big pharma's profit motive is best served by an ongoing cancer epidemic

nuff said, an entire industry would go under over night if the cure was discovered tomorrow, even if they were in control of its distribution...they'd be working themselves out of a job.

all im saying is absolute power corrupts absolutely, something like this would not surprise me at all, we've done worse things to ourselves in the past.