Approx 100 watts of cfl isnt enough is it?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrnoodlesman, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Approx 100 watts of cfl isnt enough is it? My baby is 3 weeks old and dosent look to be making much progress what would be an ideal number if watts should I use for one plant? First grow and help Is appreciated thanks!

2. Picture would help dude, 100w can certainly be enough for one plant. What spectrum is your light?

Take a look at my plant it had only 100w of cfl on it for at least the first three weeks.

Goos luck dude

Happy growing

3. I can post a picture a little later but I'm using 5500k for veg

4. Mmm ok, 6400k is preferable so maby you will need a bit more than 100w of 5500k. Also, in case you didn't know cfl lights should be about 2-3 inches from your plant. If you do put a pic up later I'll take look then.

Happy growing

5. 100 actual watts should be enough (of the correct spectrum). If you are dealing with equivalent watts, then no, it is not enough.

6. Ah yes, should have mentioned this, equiv watts are a load of bs for plants.

7. My first auto grew exceptionally well with 104 watts of cfl in the first three weeks. I have since added 52 more watts because it's getting taller but probably didn't have to.

8. Yeah they're actuall watts I'm using 4 25 watt bulbs and I ordered 2 more 50 watts last night

9. What do u think?

Attached Files:

10. If its 3 weeks from seed, I would say you are doing ok. Some strains are slow to start. More light is always better.

11. add a couple 5500ks and you will be fine

12. I would make a reflector, there's a lot of lost light going straight up. There are tons of ways to make them too. Just have to be creative. Some people use white poster board. I'm using mylar wrapped around a 6" reflector and dowels. Works wonders. 100w is plently when you have a reflector.