Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Tokers' Guide to Bud Quality, Quantity, and Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phased, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I vote for a Sticky on this one!

2. If I had an edit button I would... didn't realize it went off alignment. I'll talk with a mod.

3. Damn, posters aren't even entitled to edit their own posts...

What kind of forum is that?

:gc_rocks:

On a side note, could you possibly ask the mods if they could put a link to this thread on GC on your thread there? Thanks!

4. #44 Dryice, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
    That I know they won't do. Absolutely no linking to other sites from there. It's a pretty stingent community. Haha, but I do enjoy GC more. :p

To add:

I had to change it a little bit to comply with forum rules. It's still the same, except some of the links were removed.

5. #45 Phased, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
    Looks like your thread is doing well over there.

Remember though, you'll have to keep it edited up with mine, so you might want to subscribe to it so you know when I edit it.

Here's one that I noticed you didn't have since last guide update.

6. Yep, updated thanks for the heads up. I'll sub the thread.

7. Although not an apprentice, cleared up any things I had fuzz on!
    Great guide, +rep!
    If I can find the button... :smoking:

8. We have achieved sticky status!

Thanks tremendously for the all the support and recommendation along the way.

:love::gc_rocks::love:

9. Very good guide!

You might want to add that beasters is B.C. bud and is known for being over-fertilized, and that its smell is very distinct. (smells like ferts and taste like crap)

Also beasters is sometimes passed off as dank because of how it looks... smell it to make sure its actual dank and not just beasters.

10. Great advise....thanx

11. My gas mask looks EXACTLY like that! It must be the same model.

12. so do steamrollers get you higher than other pieces like bongs or chillums or whatever? he says in the guide that it gets you extremely high

13. Clearing a steamroller is much like a shotgun of smoke to the back of the throat.

It'll get you just as high as any other piece.

A steamroller gets me high very fast, while a pipe will take a couple bowls, and a bong will take a few rips.

A steamroller is comparable to a waterfall bong.

14. good tut. + rep

15. #55 Dr_Octagonapus, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
    ok so i'm new to bongs etc so go easy on me here...

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/roor_white_custom_dealerscup.jpg.jpg

all the expensive/high quality pieces have what appears to be a 2-piece slider... is that lower part (the part in the middle of the 3 sections total... looks frosted but it's not welded directly to the base) the "ash catcher" or an "inline ash catcher"? or is it something completely different??

is that still considered a slider? or do you just call it whatever it is specifically?

another thing you may want to mention, which i didn't find in the OP. You explain what an ice catcher is but no explanation on what ice does to your smoking experience. I've read that elsewhere, but it may be good to mention :)

something else that came to mind; is thicker glass considered better?? and why?

p.s. i checked for anything regarding what the 2-piece slider was throughout this forum section but no luck, there's no yes/no answer to what it is as far as i can tell =/

i guess i work better with pictures and a "yes, this is definately it" sort of explanation...

16. The first ground glass piece (looks like frosted glass) that you see is connected directly to the bong. This is the main joint.

The second ground glass piece (you said looks like a 2-piece slider) is the down stem.

Then the slider (bowl) goes on to the top of the down stem.

Some bongs have an attached down stem, while others just have a joint. The reason for this is simply customization. If you buy a bong without a diffused down stem, it would be grand to have the option to change it later. This is the concept of the bong you posted. Although it may already come diffused.

Thicker glass, as with any composition material, is always better. The thicker your glass is, the more durable the piece is. It's the same reason a 5mm RooЯ costs less than a 7mm RooЯ.

17. ok, i didnt know if thicker glass helped with smoke levels or anything... i figured it meant it cost more haha

ok, so the bottom piece is the joint, the middle piece is the down stem and the top is the slider... got it :)

sounds good to me. i found a blue series 1000 RooR that loks pretty decent, only $100 too. had the same type of set up, just a little shorter. looks like that may be a good choice now ^_^

18. Ice cools the smoke to get a smoother hit. Thicker glass is so the piece doesnt break as easily.

19. Phased: Thanks for taking the time to post this itis a great source for beginers like me. You are awesome! :hello:

20. Thank you! Good to hear, glad to help.