Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Tokers' Guide to Bud Quality, Quantity, and Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phased, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I'd like to see this thread updated from tokers across the US. Most of the prices on this thread are so OLD!

I haven't seen schwag/regs/Mexican weed in North Carolina in over 6 years. I don't know anyone who misses it, either. You had to smoke a ton of it to feel high and it gave me horrible headaches from all the garbage in it. Haven't seen mids w/stems and seeds in a long time either.

What we get in Boone is sensimilla (w/o seeds) and it is mostly Beasters/kind bud or hydro/chronic. The hydro inevitably stinks so bad I can't smoke it in my apartment building, even in a college town. It reeks. You can smell it in a closed drawer from across the room, so that doesn't do me much good in a neighborhood crowded with loudmouth undergrads. So I prefer the Beasters/kind bud, it's high end and very good. Usually we get a sativa/indica blend, the more sativa the better for me. I can't stand the couch potato lock from the all-indica strains. We don't get the super high end Headies/Med MJ out here in North Carolina so I've never had the very top end stuff.

So in 2016, the prices in North Carolina for Beasters/kind bud high quality weed look like this:
    Teenth (16th) = $30 = 1.75 grams
    Eighth = $50 = 3.5 grams
    Quarter = $80 = 7 grams
    Half = $160 = 14 grams
    Ounce = $300 = 28 grams
    I've never seen a nickel ($5), dime ($10), or dub ($20) bag for sale anywhere in NC...I'm guessing a dub would be about a gram, dime for half-gram, and a nickel not enough to bother with. Never seen MJ sold by the gram here, either. I've never bought less than a quarter at a time. You're paying too much, top dollar if you do! I believe that's why folks believe they're getting ripped off even when they aren't. It's not really worth it to sell less than a quarter, just a PITA. Same for buying it and paying those prices.

If you see enough weed, you can eyeball quantity pretty well, whether fluffy or compact, but I always weigh it out anyway. If you have a decent dealer it will always weigh a little over. Dealers who want you back won't short you, I've never had that happen in 10 years of smoking in NC. Not saying there aren't cheaters out there, but learn a little through these forums and take a $2 keychain postal scale with you if you aren't sure about the weight. No doubt you will pay more the less you buy.