Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Toker's Guide to Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sparticus63, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Great guide, my only problem is the drag scale for ashcatchers. No way does a single stemmed ashcather have less drag than an inline. Other than that it even cleared some terms and thoughts up for me, thanks! :hello:

2. Let me get this straight, you have a non gong piece but you want to change it to gong, since you have a inline already and all...

3. This has a carb & it rips for being 6 inches tall.

[​IMG]

4. good read +rep

5. Also, Paint Thinner works too.

Before haters start going on about how dangerous it is, etc...

It cleans bongs better than anything. The residue and stains don't have a chance....

It doesn't damage the glass and rinses clean.

It's cheap and you can get it anywhere.

It stinks like hell and can burn your skin, so that's the bad.

Method: i just throw some in there, swirl it around for about 3 or 4 minutes and pour out.. rinse a dozen times... no scrubbing, nothing.. I am actually surprised that I haven't read about this on GC yet.

:hello:

6. I have a nasty 1 foot. Glass is insanely thick for such a small piece.

Attached Files:

7. So I have a stemless bong and I wana get a new bowl for it but I don't know the size of the bowl so how can I find this out. Is there some way I can measure it

8. #109 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
    Yes measure the diameter of the joint, my 14 size stemless joint has a diameter of about 3/4" There's only one of two options. It's either 14 or 18. I'm almost positive it will not be 29

9. So since urs was 3/4 would u ask for a 3/4 diameter size bowl or what

10. No....
    I said mine was 14 and I was just giving you a rough measurment of how big that was so that you could tell what size yours was. 14mm and 18mm are the two main sizes. For example, on my other non stemless bongs, the joint on the tube is 18 and the slide that goes into the downstem is 14. But there are tubes that have the same size joint and slide. Like an 18-18.

11. thanks for the great post bro :) :smoke:

12. this is a cool thread!thanks!
    rocksalt is good for cleaning. it works pretty fast, put it in with a little water and shake. then booyaah fresh clean water pipe!

13. Great Thread, helped alot. :hello:

14. Great thread! Might I suggest adding information about the different sizes of joints and stemholes? As in 14.4,18.8 etc. I know it's simple for most of us, but there are people who might not know about them.

15. I love going through the guides to see if I can learn anything new. I have gotten a few idea from some, but I just love looking at the pictures for funsies :)

16. That isn't bad for a 3 tree-perc generic. If you want to know if you got ripped off, smoke from it. Are the hits smoother than a non-percolated bong? Does the glass seem thick and sturdy? Did they happen to mention what type of glass it is (if they mentioned tempered, then that is good strong glass.)? I think you got a pretty nice piece for 200 bucks. But the smoke, taste, and ease of inhaling is where it is at.
    Before I bought my first nice bong, I had talked to the girl at the head shop many times. She would give me some freebies here and there (products, not illegals). She is very informative and loved explaining anything that I had questions about. I also got to hold the bong, she let me put water in it and see how the inhale was. She allowed me to do everything to check the bong except actually smoke a bowl. Really nice place, it's called Purple Haze in Lexington, KY. In case any of you are from around here :)

17. I would argue with the fact that you put straight tubes as having more drag than beaker bottoms. As the owner of a beaker that has smoked my friends straight tube many times i would have to say straight tubes have less drag...

I was also wondering do inline ashcatchers really have more drag?

18. Very nice! Extremely informative and as a novice bong user I can say I learned quite a bit!