Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Toker's Guide to Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sparticus63, Feb 9, 2009.

1. you will have to buy a better one, that one is gonna break easily.

2. haha okay, thank you.

3. Man, you guys must not be pretty hard on your glass or something.
    My cheapest bong came with a bowl like that, and it hasn't broke in 2+ years. :p

It's not remotely high-quality... I guess I'm just really careful. ;)

*knocks on wood*

4. Why does my bong have both a slider and a carb? you don't need both do you? Is it better to let go of the carb or pull out the stem for clearing it?

5. bongs are the best thing to get a new smoker to try because its fun

well smoking ne weeds is fun but bongs make noises and

6. personal choice, find out which works for you best. personally i prefer a carb, but that could be because that's what i'm used to, never really smoked with a slider.

NO, you like giving new smokers bongs so they pass out and whitey! grow up!

7. Hahaha, I love hitting the bong with "newbies."
    They always compliment you like "Dayuuummmmm, Teach me how to do that!"

Always makes me nut when they react like that.

8. ok ok, i see what you're getting at with that one, i remember being a newbie once as well!

9. Great read and guide, but could we get a little more information on the differences between stemless bongs and bongs with stems? Can stemless bongs have diffusers as well?

10. No.
    They can have percs though. The point of a stemless is that is has no stem. It's 'natural'.

11. But they can have diffuser disks? What exactly are those?

12. Hey, I was just wondering what the purpose of a donut is? I mean, is it just for looks or does it actually do something. :confused_2:

13. thx for the guide
    but can you have a ashcatcher to a perc to a diffuser? and if so does that cause to much drag?

14. a disk diffuser is what it sounds like, near the bottom of the tube is a 'disk' with holes or slits cut into that you put the water line up to, once pulled on the holes or slits in the 'disk' seperate the smoke and cool it.

15. Thank you.
    Now I know a lil bit more about bongs,
    I didnt know there was such a thing as carbs or sliders...
    i knew the process but not the names. :smoking:

16. When smoking that bong, i would pull out the smaller slider from the top of the ashcatcher...just easier that way and less risk of breaking something. Plus that way you don't end up leaving a little smoke inside the "precooler"

17. Can someone tell me what style of bong this is?

[​IMG]

18. im new to the city and am about to buy a new bong or two or like 6 kinda pumped getting ready to rip:):smoking:

19. ive only ever smoked out of spoons, so being a bong noob, this was extremely helpful.
    good job writing this:p