Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Toker's Guide to Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sparticus63, Feb 9, 2009.

1. If you're intolerant of people's likes and dislikes and attack them for liking something you don't, then you're just stupid.

Neg rep.

2. Very nice guide ill use it for my home amde pen plastic tinfoil water "pipe" I love bongs nhey taste delicous! But What happens if you drink bong water ? Danger anything ?

3. nothing will happen...except you might vomit from the terrible taste in your mouth

4. Good idea to have a guide like this. This info is incorrect though, I think you must have written it backwards. Straight tubes have the least drag because of reduced surface tension. Rule of thumb is smaller surface area=smaller drag (at the same distance from the diffuser)

Nice thread though

5. Ah I see now. Thing is, I have never actually hit a bong that had a carb instead of a slide. Thanks

6. I have to say, bongs are the shit haha.

7. #48 64bit, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    great guide appreciate it buddy :D also gotta agree with some of the other posters, slider definitely beats carb, but hey, i'm not one to be fussy when it comes to weed :p

8. http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/bongs_water_other_side_swan.jpg

thats my bong. the mouth peice and base are metal.

simple, cheap, good hitter.
    i had glass ones too but theyve all met their maker.

9. i got a 1-footer thats glass on glass and has an icecube catcher, and i still love it even a year later, has a percise rip that leaves you satisfied............... so i would suggest a glass on glass bro.

just go 2 some local shops and pick the one thats suits you.

10. Nice guide! Thanks :3

11. how do i figure out the proper water levels?i emptied out some water and now i cant find the proper water levels.so when i try to milk this bong it doesnt bubble at all.can you please help.

btw,this bong is red,plastic,has a shotgun(which i do cover)it also has 2 bubble things at the bottom of the bong(i cant remember what the name of it is)where the bubbles are.

12. sounds like you may have a similar problem to me, in that you are in need of a longer downpipe. pop to your local head shop and purchase one, possibly a little longer than you acctually need. then you can "tune" the bong to how you like.

i am in the process of doing someting similar myself. got this orange acrylic job. made the neewbie mistake when i got it not to get the down pipe changed. it's quite a large bong, maybe 24" tall. i've smoked thru it once so far, the carb hole was too small so it has been largened. and it needs a longer downpipe, which i was on my way into town to get when i got diverted by bud! lol.

oh well there's always tomorrow, and i still have my homemade

peace, faith and patience

Attached Files:

13. i like the length and everything it just doesnt work at all,ever.i might throw it away,since i didnt pay for it

14. I'm not sure what you mean by the "2 bubble things at the bottom" :confused:

If it's not bubbling at all, you might just not have enough water in it.

How far is the water line above the stem?
    Having too much water in is going to make it drag more rather than not bubble, so I wouldn't think that's the problem.

If I were you, I'd just try adding more water until it feels right. If you can't get a good amount of water in without it splashing your mouth or messing with the carb, then yeah you might not have a long enough stem. :confused_2:

It might take some time, but you'll eventually get a good hang of where the water should be and how the pull should feel. :smoking:

15. more water or a longer downstem.

longer downstem has sorted my problem. cost £1.75 from my local headshop. now i have no problems with too little filtration from too little water, bubble lovely.

i'd love to get some glass tho

16. so I went up to the local headshop and I'm planning on buying this bong as my first one (blue one in the middle). I'll probably sound stupid for asking this, but do I need to buy a slider or a bowl or whatever to put in this?

[​IMG]

17. there is already a slider in that water pipe.

but it looks like a cheap one and it will break eventually.

18. so it would be better if I bought a better one?

19. [quote name='sumskateborder']so I went up to the local headshop and I'm planning on buying this bong as my first one (blue one in the middle). I'll probably sound stupid for asking this, but do I need to buy a slider or a bowl or whatever to put in this?

no dude thats ready to go...u might wanna buy another bowl piece tho, mine looked like that and didnt last the day