Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice Toker's Guide To Bag Sizing & Pricing.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Khalifornia, Jul 14, 2009.

1. #1 Khalifornia, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    Hello. My name is Khalifornia. Don't be fooled by the 1 rep bar and low number of posts, I am here to help all apprentice tokers. I may be new to GC, but I am not new to toking.

Anyway... So I am going to talk about bag sizes and prices. First I will talk about prices. Here is a little "graph/list" I made of the prices of bags.

Lows (schwag/crappy weed):
    dime-$10
    dub bag-$15
    eighth-$25
    quarter-$40
    half ounce.-$75
    ounce-$100
    QP-$400
    half pound-$800
    pound-$1200

Mids (ok weed/regular):
    dime-$10
    dub bag-$20
    eighth-$30
    quarter-$50
    half ounce.-$100
    ounce-$150
    QP-$550
    Half Pound-$1000
    Pound-$1500

Highs (good weed/exotic):
    dime-$15
    dub bag-$25
    eighth-$40
    quarter-$80
    half ounce-$150
    ounce-$250
    QP-$700
    Half Pound-$1500
    Pound-$3000

Now that you have seen the pricing, you're probably asking, "What am I paying for?" So, now I am going to show you the sizes of bags. You can apply the one graph to the other to see and familiarize yourself with the prices of sizes.

*Nickel Bag, "Nick" - .5 Gram Bag
    **Dime Bag, "Dime" - 1 Gram Bag
    ***Dub Bag, Dub - 2 Gram Bag
    Cut, Eighth, Slice - 3.5 Gram Bag
    Fourth, Quarter - 7 Gram Bag
    Half Zip, Half O - 14 Gram Bag
    Zip, Ounce, O - 28 Gram Bag
    Half Pound - .5 Pound Bag/Brick
    A Pound - 1 Pound Bag/Brick

*Nickel - This doesnt really mean that your bag will be a .5 gram bag. This normally means it is a $5 bag. A half of a gram is USUALLY what $5 buys though. (Easy way to remember its a $5 bag, is that value of a "nickel" (coin) is 5. I am sure you have linked this together by now, though.)

**Dime - This doesnt really mean that your bag will be a 1 gram bag. This normally means it is a $10 bag. A gram is USUALLY what $10 buys though. (Easy way to remember its a $10 bag, is that value of a "dime" (coin) is 10. I am sure you have linked this together by now, though.)

***Dub - A dub bag isn't always guaranteed to be a 2 gram bag, this term means it is a $20 bag, which usually buys 2 grams.

Now, you are probably going to want to eyeball your bags, which I highly discourage you to do. To avoid getting ripped off, go buy a scale, which can range from $3 to $50. Go to a dollar store or something and get a keychain/portable scale for cheap. Want to avoid the curiosity of the cashier at the store when you buy a scale? Want to eyeball it as a last resort? Here are some pictures of bags! ENJOY!

Nickel Amount:
    [​IMG]

Dime Amount:
    [​IMG]

Dub Amount:
    [​IMG]

Eighth, Slice, Cut:
    [​IMG]

Half O, Half Zip:
    [​IMG]

Ounce, O, Zip:
    [​IMG]

Half Pound:
    [​IMG]

Pound:
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed my guide!

Thanks to all support,

--Khalifornia

PS - For just pics of bags... go here http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/426513-apprentice-tokers-guide-bag-sizing-pricing.html

2. This is nice, but prices vary a lot depending on location. 2 G's of mids where I live is about 30$ and dank eighths are usually 50$.

3. #3 TheDankTank, Jul 14, 2009
    I agree with teh above posters, prices very way to much between location, how much is floating around, etc,

in my town(only not everywhere)
    mids are 125/oz
    and dank is 350-375/oz

I wish dank was that cheap here, if i got dank for 250(more like beasters) it wouldn't be as good as the dank that goes for 350 lol.

4. thats preety much the same here though i never gbot over $50 but know i grow cause im almost always broke and when i do buy i almost always get ripped off. i hate this new town.:mad:

5. Yea no offense though but your reg prices are way off. Nobody would pay 25$ for an eighth or 40$ a quarter.

These are standard reg prices assuming no hookups

nick bag (1g) - 5$
    dime (2-2.5g) - 10$
    eighth - 15$
    quarter - 25$
    half o - 45-50$
    oz- 85-95$
    QP - 300$
    HP - 500-550$
    pound- 900$

Of course its different everywhere but someones getting screwed if theyre paying 25 for 3.5g of schwag

6. #6 Cali Smokes, Jul 14, 2009
    Wtf you spelled CALIFORNIA wrong....

disrespect bro DISrespect...

and sorry but if your paying 25 for good/"exotic" weed down here i think your guy is pinching you for an extra 5 bucks and then you have an 1/8 40 ??? are you getting a deal becasue i pay 55 and if you can get an 1/8 for 40 you should get a dub for 20...

but overall good guide.

7. Thanks for the positive feedback bro. also, i intentionally spelled california wrong. haha

8. Around here, those prices would piss people off.

Here- No one buys nicks cause thats just really a waste, i tell people if they want half a dime then they need to buy a dime and half it lol. It just the point that their $5? Wth I can understand people being low on cash, but come on just spend $10 that way you'll have left over if you dont smoke much.

ANYWAYS prices around here-

Dime- 10
    Quater- 25
    (We don't do eights)
    Half Ounce- 50
    Ounce- 100
    Pound- 1000

No matter what dimes are always gunna be $10 even if its the best, I dont like charging people more than that for such a small amount, I'll usually make it like 2.0 a dime anyways.
    Quaters are 25 unless its GOOD shit. Then it goes to 30 or 35 no more no less
    Half ounce- good shit = $60 thats it. We aren't con artists here
    Ounce- 125 for good shit, 100 for Anything below what you call dank
    Pounds- This is where it varys.

Thanks for the thread anyways Khalifornia

9. wow guys, here in canada paying 250 a oz is too much no matter what it is!

10. #10 TheDankTank, Jul 14, 2009
    Its different everywhere, you cant say anyone is getting screwed due to the fact that weed has "artificial inflation"... final result is you cant tell someone how much weed is unless your selling it to them directly and your the dealer. there is no "weed is this much"...

Untill it is legalized there really isnt a 'set price' on weed so this guide is pretty useless and so is everyone's comment telling him he is wrong and your price is right.

Especially since the different weed quality(compressed mids vs fluffy dank) make eye balling a bad method. Only experience with different weed and amouts will get u closer to eye balling the amounts.

11. Nickels, dimes, and dubs are not based on weight at all, but are based on price. A nickel is always $5, a dime is always $10, and a dub is always $20, the variable is the amount you get for that money. Otherwise a decent post.

12. nice try, ill give your rep for the effort, but prices (as the people before me have said) change from place to place. For example around here its $10 for a g of mids but in places like cali you can get it really cheap, like $5 a g of mids. Also dime, dub, nickle are for the amount of money it takes to buy them, it's not based on weight.

13. I thought a dime = $10 and a dub is twice that?

Wow. This is a failure as a thread.

14. Thanks for the thread man, I find it very educational.

15. Man around here must suck then. I live in connecticut, and scoring weed in the first place is pretty tough, we usually spend about 20 a gram, mayb 15 if its pretty low grade. An eighth runs about 60$ and a half about 200 or so. For pretty good shit

16. that looks like a lot for an 8th...might just be the pic lOlll

17. in nj its 20 a gram no matter what dank or not and no one sells dimes and 8ths halfs and 0s are always different depending on who you buy from

18. Yeah I have to agree, NJ sucks when it comes to prices with weight. I get a Half for 210, Oz for 420. Seeing 150 a Half makes me want to cry :(

19. I don't get it, why are some paying more for $10 worth than an 1/8?

$10 should be 1.75 grams (or at least half of what your paying for an 1/8th(3.5 g) but i'm not talking about the dankest shit ever. Just good headies.

20. In Nyc, a dub is like 1g ~ 1.2g. Expensive i know.