Appreciation.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by touchfaith, Oct 29, 2009.

1. This thread holds no questions or messages. It is an appreciation of the wonders of Earth, the wonders of the Universe and the wonders of life, for we too often forget how astounding it all is.

I was outside, alone, last night. Confined to the boundaries of the property lines, a vacant sadness grew within. It was painful, unpleasant, I felt truly alone. I felt as if we were seeing the last of Earth as we know it, the beauty would soon be gone. I stared into the eyes of the Universe and the stars and the Moon stared back, their glow enveloping me. I was comfortable. The air was calm, warm. There wasn't any cold bite or frost. From no where, a sudden breeze rushed towards me and with it came an aroma. The blooming flowers, the near by oceans and rivers, the trees, dust and dirt all attached themselves to this breeze. I was experiencing the elements, the beauty of what can be in my own backyard. The scent remained for a very long time (well over an hour) and an odd happiness overcame me. I had lost touch with the world and now I was rediscovering it. This feeling has stayed with me.

Now, I know this isn't the most spiritual experience, or the most philosophical experience, or even the most in depth experience but some times it is the simple things that can revive a part of you, that would otherwise remain dead. It was a small portion of my life but it will remain with me forever. I felt it necessary to make this my first post, as it has altered my perspective dramatically and I hope others can find their simplicity.

Again, this isn't about learning something, or asking questions, it is simply about appreciating the momentary experiences we often brush off. We lack appreciation in a world so worth it. The diversity, the beauty, everything. Thinking about it brings butterflies to my stomach. This is an amazing world.

I hope you all find the simple things in life, because essentially, they are life. So love them, live them and have a good day.

Thank you for reading.

2. You've taken a page from my book, brother. I completely and wholly understand what you're talking about (not to mention it's nice to see a fellow Schweitzer fan).

This planet is great and I'm totally down with anyone who can appreciate it along with me.

I'll keep this post simple.

Live well, man!

-Lonely Planet Boy

3. one of the best posts ive seen

standing in awe

feeling this

experiencing moments as you are in them

when the weathers right ;)