Appreciation of MJ as far as overdosing goes

Discussion in 'General' started by 7DayWeekend, Oct 6, 2008.

1. I just read the thread where the kid said his brother died from a marijuana overdose and it got me to thinking and now i made this thread.

Anyways we all know that thread is bullshit and that you cant overdose from marijuana. There are all sorts of comparisons for the overdose amount. The one I heard that stuck was like 900 joints in an hour, but I've heard twice your body weight and countless others.

But the point of this is that we cannot overdose. We can never smoke too much weed to the point where our hearts will stop beating. We will pass out or start grubbing wayyyy before we got anywhere close. It's just impossible.

What I'm saying is I kinda think we take this for granted. This is our scapegoat. Smoking is illegal, marijuana is a drug and considered a harmful substance in our society, long with other drugs. But we're different. We can't die from using our drug !! This sets us apart from other drugs. Don't you all see that it is solely because of this fact that we have developed so much as a drug community over the past 50 years or so? If we could die from an overdose of mj similar to the likes of alcohol poisoning or heroin we would not be on this website today.

Do you see heroin users getting together and making a website? Or coke fiends? No and its because you can die. Think about all the kids that would have died over the years. And because of that mj would be shunned from society and looked at similar to heroin or coke or meth or whatever the fuck those faggots like.

I'm just saying we take this for granted. We don't realize that this is the sole reason we have come so far. If their was one death in history then society would have an argument against mj besides "but it makes yous so lazziesss". It would be considered possibly lethal.

Appreciate this and dont take it for granted! This makes us different, it allows us to form communities and work our way into everyday life, legally.

2. very true.. that was a good read.