Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Applying For Jobs And Trying To Avoid A Pre-Employment Drug Test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cannabisqueen96, Aug 4, 2014.

1. #1 cannabisqueen96, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    Ive recently been applying to places and ive been trying to be very careful on where to apply to avoid being drug tested for obvious reasons. I read through applications thoroughly and none of the ones i filled out said anything about drug testing at all , but im still not sure.the places i applied to are.
    Hot topic
    Kitchen Collection
    Claire's
    Rue 21
    Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts 

Does anyone know if these places do a pre-employment drug test? 
    also if a possible employer wants to give a drug test , is there a way that i can tell them that i no longer want the job without making it sound like i would fail the test if it was given?
    Whats the best coarse of action to take in this situation?
    I dont believe that i can clean my system in time since i smoke alot regularly, and im not sure if my metabolism can keep up with my hobby , so basically im pretty sure i will fail a test if its given and id rather just avoid the situation entirely if its possible. 
    i want to take the time to thank anyone who answers this too ... ive been researching this kind of stuff for days online with no straight answer about walking away from a job that i applied to when an employer asks to test. Can i just say that im no longer interested in the job if they tell me to take a test ? 

2. The reason you can't find a straight answer is because some places require a drug test while others don't. Sometimes a certain location will require a test while another location might not. For example, I moved and was transferred to a different store, the store I moved to made me take a test (thankfully saliva test), but the original store never tested me when I applied.
    Also, some places that give you the test don't even actually test it because of the cost. They just want to see if you'll go along with it. Honestly, I'd take the test anyway. If you fail, they're not going to do anything besides not give you the job

Last thing, if they give you a saliva test (or tell you they will), you can go from regular smoking to being clean on a saliva test in under a week

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. if they ask me I get mad and tell them to mind their own business and if they can't trust me at home why do they expect to trust me at work? then I leave.

It's simply a violation of your rights to test your pee for chemicals.