Apple tree seedling help

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Bowhunter666, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Is it possible to plant small Apple seedlings in a 5 gallon buckets of good dirt to grow in and get bigger before permenant planting not spot!?! Any info would be great.

2. I hope I'm not the one to burst your bubble, but growing apples using seeds is overwhelmingly like to grow a tree that produces nothing but crabapples.

Apples are not marijuana: using an apple seed from "x" variety will not give you a seedling of "x" variety.

That being said, yes. You can transplant small apple trees from a 5 gallon bucket to a new, larger spot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They don't have to be good apples. They are for wildlife and planting around the property for deer. Just don't want to plant them this small I doubt they will make it.

4. Then yes, you can certainly transplant an apple tree after starting it in a 5 gallon pot!

• Like Like x 2
  5. How long do you think I could keep them in buckets like that?

6. I can't tell you for certain. Until the plants look like they're too big. A few months of good sun, maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  7. i havenit grew apple but try it they could be grown like a bonsai .Test it out post post that would be cool