Apple or Pc

Discussion in 'General' started by ripcurl15, Jan 22, 2007.

1. I'm going to be buying a new laptop in june, for college.
    I've been thinking alot latly about switching from years of pc experience to an apple.
    I dont know much about the apple operating system or anything like that.
    I plan on trying to get a decently powerful machine.
    I play cs, and dod, lots of music and pictures. I'd like to be able to play cs scource and dod source.

Size isn't really an issue, but i dont want something too small or too large.

Multitasking is a must.
    thinking about

2.0 intel duo, think its got 4mb cache
    1 gig ram
    hard drive isn't a big issue like to have something around 60 gig or maybe even 80. because i plan on phurchasing an external, for all the info i have on my other computer.
    I'd like a seperate video card, instead of a less powerful one that is in the motherboard

Also from a price issue i'd like to stay at about $1200 and lower. thanks guys!

2. I have a PC, but wish I had an apple. I have a laptop too, and I thought i'd play some games on it so i got the PC, i still like it fine, i just think i'd like an apple more.... There more expensive though.

3. I think Apples are pretty expensive

4. Apple is the way to go

5. Apples are garbage for gaming.

6. Apples, are great computers and they are coming down in cost. Hell i LOVE my titanium powerbook but if youre a gamer, Macs not gonna work out well.

7. jea ive been running pc for so long. and ive been looking into a macbook. they are so damn exspensive though..

8. why arn't they good for gaming, i'm not serious into games, i just like to fool around wtih a lil cs or some unreal tournament.

9. mac doesn't support the majority of pc games. if you want a stable os, fast processing, and an overall superior machine (from my pov) go for the mac. i have one of each and use my mac 10x more

10. PC= Cheap, games huge selection, software verity, more verity is look and configuration

Apple, expensive (can get more powerful PC cheaper), Stable OS, bad for games, limited software, less chance of virus, Better for music and photos/videos, looks good, simple operation.

11. This whole directx10 and vista thing is going to bankrupt me.

god damned Crysis!

12. Since I am really into music and photography, the mac was right for me. I own a MacBook Pro and an older iMac.

13. Yep That is why I am sticking to XP:D And Vista will suck:p