Apple has unveiled the iPad!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Cheating Death, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Yup I will probably buy one of those sometime when I'm too stoned to stop myself

2. Damn my addiction to technology...

3. IMO, looks silly as hell.

4. 1ghz processor.

5. Apple never ceases to amaze me, good thing I am not hooked on technology trend.

6. Picture the future as it might appear in a science fiction movie

People are pulling these Apple iPads out of futuristic messenger bags and drinking Crystal Pepsi

7. Why not just buy a laptop?

I guess it is cheaper...

8. I refuse to buy that thing for such a ridiculous price. I'd rather buy a laptop for the same price with twice the specs.

9. Apples product list:

iPad
    iPhone
    etc...

Its just a matter of time before we get an iVibrate (for the ladies), the iWoman (comes with big tits and a cookbook), an iLighter, an iBong, maybe even an iBlunt.

10. OhMiBod Music Powered Vibrator - Products

that is already out..a vibrator that vibrates to your Ipod..some chicks love this thing more than dick

11. yeah its cool, but how needs a giant ipod touch?
    that thing would be so hard to type with seeing as it doesnt fit in your palm.
    but they prolly sell a key bopard that hooks up to it.
    buy buy buy.

12. idk. i kinda refuse to buy anything apple. yeah they are fucking great quality. but every three months they come up with a new or updated version.. just sucks when you blow 1000 next month a new one comes out, and that one u have is cheaper.

13. It can't multitask. It doesn't have a true operating system. It doesn't do anything that the iPod Touch can't.

It's a giant iPod Touch with a faster processor...that still can't multitask. It doesn't have a camera, doesn't support Flash, and it has no fucking USB port, which Apple uses on each and every one of their devices! You need a separate adapter for anything you want to hook up to it.

Netbooks are far cheaper, have real operating systems, and can multitask. Anybody who buys this thing is a fool.

14. It's an oversized iPhone with features left out for future versions. Anything this thing can do, the iPhone can do just as well. It would have been a lot smarter to have used a mobile version of OSX that would be able to run programs such as Photoshop. It only has a 1 GHz processor. Newer phones that have a snapdragon processor have a processing speed of 1 GHz! So why isn't this thing more powerful? Also, I've heard there isn't any flash support.. WHAT!?!?!
    Buy a netbook with a good amount of RAM and a nice processor, install OSX, and you now have a better alternative to this iPad, costing only around $300. You'll be able to run almost any program, save money, have SD slots, built in webcam, more HDD space, bluetooth, etc. for a much cheaper price, and if you really need it, you can get that 3g connection.

Apple has run out of ideas. They've already revolutionized the phone, the MP3 player, the laptop. They're running dry on ideas. They'll be getting a heavy flow (heh, get it? iPad?) of complaints because they just didn't really deliver. It's not exactly the most useful product.

Bottom line, I could tether a smart phone to my computer and have all the wireless functionality I need. I don't need this.

15. Absolutely retarded, I fail to see why anyone with half a brain would want one of these..

16. Cuz it's got that cute little half bitten Apple on the back, duh!

17. Oh yea, and its shiny!

18. Yeah, stuff like this really has no allure to me. I prefer to buy nice pieces of equipment, not gimmicky iShit.

19. I want one. They have them at my local adult store, but they're like $75. I don't have that kind of cash to blow on a vibrator, unfortunately.