Apple cider vinegar. Not working

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by basement plant, Dec 9, 2014.

1. I brought white distiller vinegar. That worked

I tried Apple cider no frills. That works

I brought name brand Apple cider and it does move the ph at all. My tap water stays at 7-8

It was Heinz I think. What's that about.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sorry. Kids.

It doesn't move the ph level at all. Why.

3. Get some pH down, order a small bottle online if $ is an issue and there's nowhere to buy it in your area. Why toy around, you've already spent more on vinegar.

4. Agreed... Maybe add nutrients and then check it.. Sometimes nutrients will level it out..

I am so open minded you should only think like me..

5. Does the Heinz taste sour, like it is supposed to? Apple cider vinegar is made in two steps. First it is fermented (bacteria) into an alcohol. Second, it is fermented (bacteria) into acetic and malic acids. Perhaps they forgot the second step??? Idk. Seems weird. Can you test the pH of just the Heinz?

6. You can go to a pool/spa store and buy phosphoric acid.  That is what PH down is.

7. Go to a pet shop, buy it for aquariums. Slightly more expensive than his suggestion, but designed to be added IMMEDIATELY to "live water" without damaging tricky tropical aquarium plants and fish. So you can sit your water out, pH it just before adding, tinker if need be (add up or down, shake well to mix, test again, until perfect), and pour directly into the pot/reservoir.

Same can be done to "fast process" water...keep a bottle of clarifyer (the stuff you use when adding tap water directly to an aquarium) handy. If you find yourself needing water "right now", this works well...but don't rely on it...spring water or tap left to sit out, then tested, as often as possible.

8. Lol. All I had to do was shake it up. Lol. Go figure.

It's not bad to use it every water. My tap is 7 and goes up to 8 over night.