Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. Is there something wrong with me if I smoke and still don't have an appetite?

2. Could be the strain, or is it everytime?

3. I've smoked pineapple blue dream, grand daddy, train wreck, and purple night shade. Not one helps

4. And it's everytime

5. hmm strange, wonder why...wish i could help man.

6. This is my purple night shade. It's beautiful

Attached Files:

7. I didn't start getting the munchies for months after I first started smoking, so no I don't think it's all that weird, just one of those things that may or may not happen with weed. Like I feel the high faster if I've been smoking alot as opposed to having not smoked at all, or less.

8. #8 WhiteWid0wL0vEr, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah that's crazy. I have been smoking on and off for like 11 years or so and I've always got the munchies after tokin. It's almost like it does the opposite for me now....but I do love that sweet grass still

9. No I don't find this strange at all. One of the main reasons I smoke is to increase appetite. With me some strains will increase appetite and some for me do not. it took a bit of trial and error to find strains that I could reliably count on to increase my appetite.

10. #10 WhiteWid0wL0vEr, Jul 3, 2011
    What strains would you say increase appetite the most

11. #11 Chaossnake, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    My appetite issue are related to anxiety and stress issues. BC Gods Bud has the most dramatic effect on me. No matter how I'm feeling, smoke some Gods Bud and in less then 30 minutes I'm trying to eat everything in sight. Sativa heavy strains (like ak-47 and Strawberry Cough) on most days works best for me. Blueberry heavy strains will normally give me a bit of an appetite boost. My other trick is to sprinkle a bit of Bubble Hash on any green before smoking or vaporizing, wait about an hour and I'm wanting to sit down and eat a thanksgiving dinner and pass out into a turkey coma.

12. The more seasoned I have been I do not get the munchies nearly as much. It kinda sucks but at least I'm not packing in a box of oreos everytime I smoke haha!

13. It might be time for a t-break, especially if you are smoking to increase appetite (which I assume is the case since this is in the MMJ section). Only speaking from personal experience, but I find that the appetite stimulation effect wears off after about a month of daily usage. It's then time for a 7-10 day t-break, which can be somewhat difficult dealing with daily nausea and lack of appetite. I often feel I am too dependent on MMJ for my appetite, and have recently pursued other means of appetite stimulation (which are less enjoyable and less effective of course).

14. #14 WhiteWid0wL0vEr, Jul 3, 2011
    Shit I feel if I stop smoking I'll go crazy

15. Same...long ago I got the munchies almost every time...now it's rare. I do get relief from nausea though..and that's close enough for me. :D (much better then the zofran, no headaches, or dizziness)

16. Did anyone ever feel like they just didn't want to eat? I have no appetite whatsoever

17. Yes, that is exactly my problem as well. With me as my stress levels or the total number of things that I have to get done rises my appetite decreases. I'll be working trying to get things done, and with no appetite to tell me to eat I will forget to eat sometimes for days. For me to treat my lack of appetite was to find the cause and treat that. So for me strains that allow me to slow down a bit and/or relieve anxiety helps increase my appetite.

18. Pretty much the same for me , aches and pains, and my nausea are controlled by most if not all strains.

However, I have found a few strains that will still cause great appetite stimulation, which Im looking for... I guess you could say its the "munchies" but thats so corny, I prefer stimulated appetite, hehe...

Anyways, My research leads me to believe high THC strains, more specifically, strains that contain THC-V are the best for appetite.

Ive found mostly Hazes will do the trick, but here is a few strains that have helped me a bunch..

Utopia Haze
    Moby Dick
    Warlock

Those 3 stand out to me as strains that stimulated my appetite ten fold of any other.

:wave:

19. Me, the past week or two. I'm averaging 300-800 calories a day, have lost 30+ pounds (but I needed to lose some weight). Only reason I've been eating is because I have to. And the only thing that ever sounds good is a stupid chicken terryaki sandwich from subway.

I've been going through a lot of shit though, I imagine that's why my appetite is almost non-existant.

If you're worried about it, why not go have a blood test? Fasting wouldn't be hard.. :p

20. #20 WhiteWid0wL0vEr, Jul 12, 2011
    Lmao about the sandwich. Blood test sounds good but would they find the THC in the results? My job isn't exactly MM friendly :(

I'm in the same boat as you with goin through shit. It isn't a complaint but times are extreme right now. We are supposed to be relieving stress with the dank instead it almost makes things seem worse