Appetite

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by droptop50, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ive been using a vaporizer with thc cartridges for the past year. Now everytime i stop i lose my appetite. I feel hunger but struggle to eat whats in front of me because i have some weird feeling in my stomach that prevents me. Im becoming really concerned because i depend on it. When i dont have it i eat to survive. Can someone please help me.

2. Are you a rec or med user?

3. Rec

4. "When i dont have it i eat to survive" - are you a big foodie? You need to elaborate

5. Not a foodie im losing weight and whenever food is in front of me i cant eat it

6. #6 williamsmark, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    In the short term try using some omeprazole, but see a doctor when you can.

edit::: But please tell me what your diet is. Is it a bunch of processed foods?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Try smoothies

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hey this is not a good situation that you are explaining. Get yourself diagnosed from a certified doctor in your area as it is better to explain everything in detail, in person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Can't talk unmentionables here.

10. A OTC heartburn medication is unmentionable?

11. Analgesics have their limits on brand availabilities. In GC only weed tobacco and alcohol are permitted.

12. I don't follow. It's not an analgesic. And heartburn medication (available in many generic forms) is a no-no? That's messed up.

Found it: "j. Discussion of other drugs including pharmaceuticals, supplements and ‘legal' herbs used as intoxicants. Note: Cannabis, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco can be freely discussed."

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Actually, just read that better. Omeprazole isn't used as an intoxicant, so it should be just fine to talk about. Just like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Wish OP would let us know how he's doing though

14. I have the same problem of not being hungry when I'm not high (if I understand you correctly) due to other mental health concerns, I was rather happy with the change it brought for me. Family meals and social functions no longer gave me anxiety in social settings if I was sober and unable to eat. If you are trying to change it, however, I would recommend a detox for MJ to flush your system and restore your bodies natural hunger cues. (Detoxes from food, weed, and caffeine are my go to but that's totally unnecessary for every one)That is if you use for recreational purposes, not in need of it for medical purposes. Just my opinion though, hope everything turns out ok man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have some straight up advice for you if you are noticing things like this. Just lay off the weed for a week and you will get appetite back normally being able to eat without having to use a vape before lol

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. What’s happening is that thc interferes with your ability to produce GHRELIN which is made in your stomach which basically tells you that your hungry. Thc replaces ghrelin so your ability to make ghrelin drops off as thc replacing what it should do. So let your body detox (at least one month) and your natural ghrelin will begin production again.