Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Appetite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KushMonkey69, May 22, 2012.

1. Hey guys! So I smoke daily a few times and I notice whenever I take a couple days off for a break I cannot eat for the life of me. I mean I'm so hungry my stomach is growling but whenever I try to eat I have zero appetite and feels like if I force myself I might throw up, you know that feeling like as if your throat is so narrow? Do you guys know how to cope with this besides keep smoking? I mean I will if it comes to that but I don't want to be dependant on weed for my eating habits..

2. Exzact same thing here im taking a few weeks break but this is the first week or so. But ya i growel then i take like two bites and im not hungry anymore.

3. It suuucks. And I'm trying to bulk up too but it's impossible if I can't eat..actually lost a few pounds

4. Well I'm not in the same boat so I can't really offer you any solid advice/help. I am currently going through chemotherapy so my appetite is usually low, and my nausea usually high. Unless of course, i am high. I don't really believe that under normal circumstances I've ever experienced what you do but smoking weed is like the only way that I can really eat. All of my other nausea medicine does nothing, and the munchies are a blessing when you're trying to keep your blood levels up.

5. Happens to me except I don't even notice I'm hungry.

6. I don't eat as well as I should unless I'm high too.

7. Wouldn't this be considered a "physical withdrawal"? People say it's only psychological but I don't know. For me it usually gets better as more days pass though so it's mostly just a hump.

8. I found this happens to me too. I start eating and after a couple bites it's like my body rejects food. Get nauseous to the point where I might throw up. Somehow I force myself to finish my meal and I haven't thrown up though.

9. Well I guess it's more settling that I'm not the only one lol, still sucks

10. I totally lose appetite when i don't smoke

11. After a while if you keep eating at the same time each day, your metabolism gets back to normal and so will your appetite. Doesn't take much longer than a week, really.

12. Ya usually only takes a few days for me to adjust.

13. Work out or do something active to make you really hungry. I have the same problem when I don't toke.

14. This exact thing happens to me man I'm skinny as fuck

15. I'm a fatass, I'll eat sober or high lmao.

16. [quote name='"Cypress420Hill"']This exact thing happens to me man I'm skinny as fuck[/quote]

Im skinny too and I hate it. No matter how much I eat....even with the ridiculous munchies from weed I still don't gain weight. Im beginning to think I have a medical condition that doesn't allow me to gain weight. How skinny are you like how much do you weigh?

17. Same here i've been wondering if a tincture would help with stimulating your appetite and not providing much THC so it ruins your break

You should be able to smoke just a bit and eat without it interfering

18. Omega 3 :) Fish have it and you can find concentrates of it. It helps.

I don't have many suggestions because it hasn't happened to me and I've been smoking close to a year :confused_2: I just get hungry when I'm sober but I become a bottomless pit when I'm high :laughing:

19. Happens to me too but I don't really feel hungry either. Sometimes some growling but not physical hunger. Honestly it is good for me though because I am trying to lose some weight so I can chill with my active friends who don't smoke, I'll be not hungry not eating all day and I can lose weight. Just drink gatorade, tea, hella water, maybe a protein shake and force myself to eat some fruit. I'll be active and playing sports and going to the gym all day.

20. Yeah, I feel like I have to force myself to eat when I'm sober..
    When I'm high I eat everything within smell.