Appeal to separate

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cubensiseye, May 17, 2011.

1. Mods,

Is it too much to ask to separate the Spirituality and Philosophy section? What's going on in here is impasse. Please separate.

2. might be better heard in the general feedback section.

then again, it might already be there. :) i remember reading a similar plea not long ago

3. maybe i'll post there. Shit is just getting ridiculous here. We rationalists are never going to stop fucking with the spiritualists.

4. it always has seemed to be this set of people

- documenters; not only are they reasonable, they teach us, views can be revised
    - reasoners; like documenters, burnt out on trying to teach those who don't want to learn, views can be revised
    - zealots; either followers of a religion, or followers of their own ideals, either way their views are not open to revision
    - mystics; people who don't see subjectivity as a fallacy, or don't care. you could be right, but "that's just, like, your opinion man."
    - burning fuses; young accounts on ego bullhorns, probably previously banned but headed for banning all the same. it's you who's a <insert expletive>, not them. never them.

my guess is we shed only the zealots outta that group when the split happens. no one else would have a reason to leave a philosophy only forum behind. and even the zealots i'm sure will troll us once in awhile about how slow the philosophy subforum is. :D

5. unfortunateltly, you're right. I guess I'll just keep fighting the good fight.

6. don't get me wrong, that would be progress. :D

7. There was already a thread on this in general feedback a couple months ago and I believe SJ said he was working on it. He's probably a busy guy lol

8. I wish I could change my vote in there, not that it means anything. :)

9. it's not even just the atheist, the religious people can be over zealous in their preaching and it gets down-right irritating.

this would be an excellent idea, as the philosophy section would tolerate the debates (while keeping it respectful of course)